History Channel HD when ?

The channel does not exist in the uSA..You might want to write the History Channel..Also if it is anything like A&E HD they can keep it

Yeah, but this channel has the potential to be great. I would LOVE to see this channel in HD. As long as it was done correctly (most if not all actual HD content).

Content wise, I agree that A&E isn't what it used to be.

But, with that said, The History Channel has great content. And since A&E-HD is a faithful simulcast of A&E, I would really look forward to a faithful simulcast of the History Channel.

I look at it this way...baby steps...the fact that A&E HD even exists is a step in the right direction. I'd rather see new HDs come online even if all the programs on the channel are not HD yet. More and more will be, eventually.

I'd love it if SciFi HD came online, and yes, I'd be disappointed if they showed some programs not in HD/16:9, however I'd still be excited to have it...I just keep thinking patience and baby steps.

Yeah, but this channel has the potential to be great. I would LOVE to see this channel in HD. As long as it was done correctly (most if not all actual HD content).

I suspect we will see History HD eventually, but one of the problems is that a LOT of the stuff they show is historical footage (Doh!) and none of it was shot in HD. I suspect there would be a lot of vertical black bars and 4:3 stuff - although that's ok too, since its PQ would be much better than SD.

I suspect we will see History HD eventually, but one of the problems is that a LOT of the stuff they show is historical footage (Doh!) and none of it was shot in HD. I suspect there would be a lot of vertical black bars and 4:3 stuff - although that's ok too, since its PQ would be much better than SD.

Actually, everything shot on film can be transfered to HD. Some of the better film stocks even greatly exceed the limits of 1080p. I'd guess that whether footage will be cropped to 16:9 or pillarboxed to preserve the 4:3 ratio or something in between will be handled on a case by case basis.

I'm seeing more and more letterboxed shows on the History Channel. I'm sure they're ramping up to either a History Channel HD, or an HD combination of THC, History Channel International, and Biography. Kind of like the way the Discovery networks include Travel Channel and TLC content on Discovery HD.

I think it's moving rapidly. More and more of what I see on the History channels is formatted as widescreen. So I suspect they're preparing, and just downrezzing it for the SD.

And I want Dish to add the Military History channel.

edit: I see mdonnelly beat me to it. I must type too slow.

I think it's moving rapidly. More and more of what I see on the History channels is formatted as widescreen. So I suspect they're preparing, and just downrezzing it for the SD.

edit: I see mdonnelly beat me to it. I must type too slow.
Great minds thinking alike. :)

I didn't know that there was such a channel. Not sure what else they could have on there between the History channel and the Military channel that we already have.

History channel would be great and so would History International. Those are high on my list for HD just like the Military channel.

I didn't know that there was such a channel. Not sure what else they could have on there between the History channel and the Military channel that we already have.

See their site. Look at the clips.

I've read elsewhere that they have a deeper catalog than The Military Channel. But it does seem very similar, from the TV Listings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)