Hitachi 57s500

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwings01

Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Hi All, I noticed about a couple of days now my Hitachi rptv gets black horizontal scan lines between 2 pictures. It's more noticable in the white tones. It happens almost all the time. Usually when you watch any source, whether it's dvd, hdtv or sd. I had the same problem on my first s500 set and got it replaced last February. It's happenning again. Any Idea what this could be. I have an extended warranty and the company might decide to change it again. I really don't want to change it, but these lines are very annoying. Any help would be much appreciated. I have brightness at 48, sharpness at 40, contrast at 35 and all the enhancements set to off. This only happens when auto movie is set to on, is this normal?

Thanks In Advance

I've had mine for 2 years now and I never have used 'Movie Mode' and it took me 10 minutes to find it in the menu. ;)
It is greyed out so I can't turn it 'ON' to reproduce your problem, sorry.
My settings are fairly close to yours and I've had mine calibrated by Gregg Loewen from www.lionav.com (shameless plug)
IMHO I'd leave it OFF.

Mark_AR said:
My settings are fairly close to yours and I've had mine calibrated by Gregg Loewen from www.lionav.com (shameless plug)
IMHO I'd leave it OFF.
I also have a 57S500 and have been considering having it calibrated. How much of an improvement in picture quality did you see after having yours calibrated?
Was the improvement worth the cost of the calibration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)