Hitachi 50V500

JKElect

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
Louisiana
Any TV Techs out there?
I have worked on electronics for almost 30 years. I worked on consumer electronics for 18 years, but have not touched any for about 10. I have a Hitachi LCD with 50V500 chassis. I replaced the light engine approx. a year ago due to red halo caused by poor design that did not cool the LCD panels. Now it has just started shutting down with "over temp" light flashing. I had placed a fan beside the entertainment center blowing in the back and that stooped the problem until I could check it out. (I do not have a air flow problem the TV sits on an open stand) I took the TV apart yesterday to check for excessive dust, etc. I did not see any problems, but the fan on the top of the light engine did not seem to be rotating as fast as I think it should. I does not make as much fan noise as it used to. I guess my real question is does anyone know if the fan is replaceable or available. I think I could disassemble a few top covers over the lamp assembly to remove the fan. I just hate to guess on the speed and current of the fan. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)