HLN to be renamed Forensic Files Channel -FFC

I wish we had a news channel, and not all these news entertainment channels.
I prefer the way it used to be. News at the top of the hour or at a set time, breaking news if needed.

24 hour news channels lead to infotainment channels. There simply isn't enough real news without it, or not enough real news that people care about anyway. Hence the filler.

And before it happens, keep personal opinions on specific news channels leanings to yourself or go to the pit. Please for the love of the internet, let this be the thread it happens in.

I prefer the way it used to be. News at the top of the hour or at a set time, breaking news if needed.

24 hour news channels lead to infotainment channels. There simply isn't enough real news without it, or not enough real news that people care about anyway. Hence the filler.

And before it happens, keep personal opinions on specific news channels leanings to yourself or go to the pit. Please for the love of the internet, let this be the thread it happens in.

Yep...ratings driven TV channels always evolve in ways driven by how many people watch (and so how much advertising dollars they can charge). I'd also prefer a real news channel, but they just don't get the ratings, so we end up with semi-news based infotainment. It's a true meritocracy...where merit is defined by ratings.

I agree 100%. That was sort of the point being made. You can have a 24 hour news network, but it would be news at certain hours, with breaking news available(how you described), and then News talk shows available with strong disclosures that they are not news. They are talk shows that discuss the news. In my opinion it should almost be a requirement to make that disclosure, and any biased news would be rated as an entertainment channel, and go along with things such as TNT, USA, TVLand and the likes. There is no need for the many different left and right wing sides. This would settle almost all disputes, and allow our country to come back.

I think BBC World News has the right idea, they combine news with various documentaries and specials.
That is one reason I now regret no longer having DirecTV. They added BBC World during their contract negotiations with AMC Networks. Wish Dish would add it too. Probably have to wait for their deal with AMC to come up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)