Hmmm...Even Sling is not immune to disputes (Well in this case they are)

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
In the DIsh forum there is a thread about some of the Comcast owned stations in a dispute.
USA, CNBC, SYFY, Bravo, MSNBC

In the link that they (Comcast) has up
http://makedishdeliver.com/

They mention this tidbit....

I’m a subscriber to a DISH Sling product, or considering subscribing. Will these networks be available there?
These networks won’t be available on any DISH platform.

Interesting......

Wonder after the dispute is over if the new contract will include Sling TV? I read where PlayStation Vue was rolled out on most platforms like Chromecast so you wouldn't need a PlayStation to watch. Wonder if them being a competitor would carry those channels? The info was from cordcutter.com

None of the NBC/Comcast networks were on Sling anyway, though, right? Notably, they are carried on PlayStation Vue, but subject to lots of viewing restrictions.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
None of the NBC/Comcast networks were on Sling anyway, though, right?
I thought USA was on there.....guess not

I see none of the Comcast stations are on there. Guess it makes sense considering they are competitors

Last edited:
I thought USA was on there.....guess not

I see none of the Comcast stations are on there. Guess it makes sense considering they are competitors
It makes more sense that no contract renewal for NBCU has come up until now. They can't just add channels without a contract with the channel owners.

None of the NBC/Comcast networks were on Sling anyway, though, right? Notably, they are carried on PlayStation Vue, but subject to lots of viewing restrictions.
What viewing restrictions? I have not had a chance to check out all of the channels, but nothing has popped out at me yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Tony
Ahh yes. Mobile restrictions, no restrictions at home however. That is what I thought he was referring too.

As another poster stated however you can use the tv anywhere apps to get around the mobile restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Tony
The FAQ says the NBCU/Comcast channels are not available for in-home viewing on iOS devices:
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/faq/

upload_2016-3-16_14-42-24.png

However, I agree with the statement above, that for almost all of these, the TV Everywhere app is available for use with a PS Vue login and so while you would have to install more apps, you could in fact access these channels on iOS from home or mobile use with no problem at all. You just couldn't see these channels inside the PS Vue app.

The FAQ says the NBCU/Comcast channels are not available for in-home viewing on iOS devices:
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/faq/

View attachment 114992

However, I agree with the statement above, that for almost all of these, the TV Everywhere app is available for use with a PS Vue login and so while you would have to install more apps, you could in fact access these channels on iOS from home or mobile use with no problem at all. You just couldn't see these channels inside the PS Vue app.
Ahhh, gotcha. It didn't occur to me that someone would use the vue app to watch in the home versus using a device like fire or ps. I guess my habits for viewing aren't everyone's ;).

I do see another problem if this is so. The vue app is only available with iOS right now and the only way to use a chrome cast and watch vue is with an iOS device currently. So it would stand to reason that those channels would not play on chrome cast as well. At least not currently

I do not have a chrome cast to test this however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really not sure I understand what the issue is here, other than Comcast just being annoying, because many of those channels are ones that you can stream on Dish Anywhere or Comcast apps on an iOS device, and it doesn't seem to matter whether you are home or away. Comcast offers its own customers the exact same thing Sony's customers can't do with the same programming. I feel strongly that Comcast should be required to offer other MVPDs the same access rights it has to its company-owned programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)