Hmmm... Super Powers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just got my invite to the DISH CES Press Event and got this...

What could it mean?

Fantasize below about what you think it means. :) ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1386089517.812895.jpg

I'm going out on a limb and guess they'll make the most outlandish, impossible, unbelievable announcement conceivable: They're going to make all the broken features actually work properly.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Hmmm. Great minds think alike. But one believes brevity is the soul of wisdom.

Perhaps they are extending Auto-Hop to every channel. The only commercials that will not be cut are the ones for Dish Network. :)

Expanding PTAT to any group of channels that happen to be on the same transponder? That would be nice.

Maybe expand the capabilities of PTAT to include flexible times & perhaps different channels also.

Also intergrate multiple hopper in a house to appear as a single Hopper to its user

They will be releasing a software update that fixes everything and doesn't break anything.

I'm going out on a limb and guess they'll make the most outlandish, impossible, unbelievable announcement conceivable: They're going to make all the broken features actually work properly

Ladies and Gentlemen...the co-winners of "Post of the Day" :first:

I suspect the "home control" aspect will be "the biggie." Remotely control devices, including alarms, via a single Hopper based panel and some such.

Expanding PTAT to any group of channels that happen to be on the same transponder? That would be nice.

That would probably eliminate the need for additional tuners. Some nice ideas in this thread but over all that, just workout the bugs especially from the last update.

You're all wrong. It's FREE JOEYS FOR ALL! <-- I meant free of the monthly fee. Of course if Dish did that, and allowed us to turn on/off at will, then they'd probably want to charge us by the hour. :(

Last edited:
You will now be able to use your hopper as a home security device,one press of the red button will cause a super charged kangaroo to magically appear,to thwart any intruders!

You will now be able to use your hopper as a home security device,one press of the red button will cause a super charged kangaroo to magically appear,to thwart any intruders!
No but I do wish I could watch my security cameras on the Hopper... At the moment I have the DVR run to a 24 inch TV on the side of the big TV so I can keep an eye on things. :)

No but I do wish I could watch my security cameras on the Hopper... At the moment I have the DVR run to a 24 inch TV on the side of the big TV so I can keep an eye on things. :)

I have mine hooked to a tv in the guest bedroom, but I never look at it there. I use the computer or my phone or tablet app to view.

Super Powers. Hmmm... How about streaming to a SmartTV or GoogleTV or Chromecast? That would be even better than a Joey free of monthly fee.

I wonder if they'll add ZigBee stuff for the home automation. I have a zigbee gateway for my alarm, and plan(!) at some point to add ZigBee locks, etc.

I'm also interested in finding decent not expensive cameras to put around the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)