Hmmmm...Hopper #2 DVR Recording Picture Format Problem (anyone??)

midwesttv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
USA
So here's one problem I don't know how to resolve. Its recorded picture format on 1 of my 2 hoppers:

Our second hopper (we have a 2h/1j set-up with dual node) is set-up on 16x9 hd tv and the live tv fills the screen nicely in the proper format. However, the timed recordings from earlier in the week on said hopper are framed in black around the outer 1/3rd of the screen. So the picture is about 2/3rds of the screen in the right format though.

I double checked the set-up and it's set on 16x9 1080i/1080p, and like I said earlier, all the live viewings fill the screen in the 16x9 format. When I used my other hopper to view those same dvr recordings in the hopper with the problem, that framing is there too. My other hopper does not have the frame problem with dvr timed recordings

So, I set-up another time for earlier this evening on that problematic hopper, and the dang pix fills the screen - with no black framing. WTH?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Did you record an SD channel with letterboxed content?

Nope HD channels...Cajun Pawn Stars on I believe History or A&E channel...Wife recorded Glee club down there and it recorded that same weird way. We recorded both Glee and Cajun Pawn stars on the upstairs hopper and it recorded in full 16x9 - not that reduced screen 16x9..

Sigh..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts