Hockey Night In Canada's Theme May Be Done...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
During the Stanley Cup Finals, Jimbo was mentioning how superior CBC was to NBC when it came to covering hockey.

I agree with Jimbo. The CBC is by far the best hockey coverage there is. I started watching the CBC in 1983 until it left analog sometime in the early 00s. Saturday nights were great, an early game on the east feed and a late game on the west feed. Then, as now, it didn't matter who was playing, I am watching hockey.

I also miss the CBC news

I agree with Jimbo. The CBC is by far the best hockey coverage there is. I started watching the CBC in 1983 until it left analog sometime in the early 00s. Saturday nights were great, an early game on the east feed and a late game on the west feed. Then, as now, it didn't matter who was playing, I am watching hockey.

I also miss the CBC news

Left analog ????

I pick it up with my antenna from Toledo, Ohio, in analog, if it was digital, would'nt I be able to get it in HD ?

I think it is in digital, just not from the tower in Windsor yet.

Q. Does Canada HD work the same as US HD, where the HD would normally be on the .1 channels ?

Did I just miss the Wings in HD on CBC ???? Gosh I hope not ....

Anyone in the Detroit area get CBC HD OTA ?

Jimbo

During the Stanley Cup Finals,

Jimbo was mentioning how superior CBC was to NBC when it came to covering hockey.

With that in mind, I came across this article:

TheStar.com | Canada | Is the song over for Hockey Night in Canada?

I was hoping you had a link to the music ....
I have been trying to find it for the computer for years now .

I love the Theme music for HNIC, they better NOT get rid of it, pay the lady and get it over with.

They use to OPEN the night with the music, now it is a few minutes into the show.
I bet it's a legal battle, or maybe it was a legal issue.

Jimbo

Left analog ????
C-Band analog...then it went digital and you needed a $3000 to get it. I grumble about it all the time. The national broadcaster should have their feed in the clear. PBS does.

Q. Does Canada HD work the same as US HD, where the HD would normally be on the .1 channels ?
in Canada right now there are no subchannels...also they run at much lower power

but the CBC coverage is awesome. LOVE HNIC :)

I saw that the other day. I think the issue is that they are paying $500 in royalties everytime the fricken song runs.

I think its just an attempt to negotiate a better contract with the artist, since afterall the artist has made alot of money with the song over the past 40 years!

I was hoping you had a link to the music ....
I have been trying to find it for the computer for years now .

I love the Theme music for HNIC, they better NOT get rid of it, pay the lady and get it over with.

They use to OPEN the night with the music, now it is a few minutes into the show.
I bet it's a legal battle, or maybe it was a legal issue.

Jimbo

Ask and you shall receive. You have to page down to the hockey part.
TV Theme Music - H TV Shows - TelevisionTunes.com

Last edited: