Hold on to your return receipts

I sent my broken 722K back last week. When I took it the the FedX store, they gave me a receipt with a tracking number, which I checked and it shows delivered date. Also, I got an email from Dish when they received it. Also, my online Dish account shows that it was received. WHERE DID YOU GO WRONG.!

I had a receipt and an email from Dish, saying it was received, but my Dish Account didn't show it, and I was being charged for unreturned receiver. Contacted MaryB with the Dirt team and she got it straightened out quickly.

Everything is scanned in, you can give the date picked up or the date you brought a package to a UPS store and they easily can bring up any shipments. One will show the address of Dish either coming from where they picked it up, or where you dropped it off. It will also have the return # that Dish gave for this shipment. They can also reprint your receipt. I am not sure how long a period of time this is easily accessible.

Last edited:
From UPS? I didn't realize you could get an email receipt unless you were a registered customer.

If you have a tracking # and track it on their site, there's an option to be notified and you can add your email address. I'm not sure how, of if, it restricts who can do this though. On the other hand, who will know a tracking # that is used for "your" shipment ?

We have a UPS account here at work and I just tried to look at my shipping history for the past year and got this pop-up:
ups-tracking.png

This is from UPS' web-based online shipping system though. I'm sure that high-volume shippers who use "WorldShip" will have the ability to go back further. If the average person calls UPS though, I'll bet they'll get the blanket answer of "I'm sorry, we can't track shipments older than 90 days plus we need a tracking #".

Everything is scanned in, you can give the date picked up or the date you brought a package to a UPS store and they easily can bring up any shipments. One will show the address of Dish either coming from where they picked it up, or where you dropped it off.
I suspect that UPS won't be that helpful or accommodating... If one did drop it off at a UPS store, your odds would improve.

Here in Oklahoma your receivers are delivered by UPS but your return label has to be dropped off at FED EX. This may be part of the problem two tracking numbers too cross reference.

Here in Oklahoma your receivers are delivered by UPS but your return label has to be dropped off at FED EX. This may be part of the problem two tracking numbers too cross reference.

This is the way my most recent shipping was done. I ordered an HWS to replace one of my two Hoppers, Dish sent me two HWSs by mistake, so I sent one back plus my Hopper 2000. Got a "Received" notice for both of them a few days ago.
Dan

I have received all of my notices too but that doesn't mean they will actually credit you correctly. Hang in there, they may get it right!

As a rule of thumb a person should always track their packages imo.
The return labels that I've seen (from UPS) includes little peel-off stickers with the tracking # just for this purpose too. From there, plug that into the UPS website's tracking tool and go through the notify options - they can email you when it is picked up, if it gets delayed, when it's delivered, etc, etc.

The return labels that I've seen (from UPS) includes little peel-off stickers with the tracking # just for this purpose too. From there, plug that into the UPS website's tracking tool and go through the notify options - they can email you when it is picked up, if it gets delayed, when it's delivered, etc, etc.

Exactly! This is the way to do it. Just make sure you take your information off the return label before sticking the whole thing on the package.