Holiday HD Upgrade Question

david_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
May 7, 2007
Hancock, MA - The Berkshires
Positive CSR experience

Regarding my upgrade, I must report another very positive CSR experience with DISH, credit where credit is due... I signed up for the upgrade to HD and a 722. The installers came yesterday and did the install (replaced my Superdish with a Dish 500 and installed a new Dish 500 pointing at 61.5, changed out my 510 with the 722, hooked 722 to my plasma in family room and second TV output to kitchen TV and programmed all remotes) in 2.5 HRS, not bad. I noticed that I was not getting the Platinum HD and the free HBO & Starz for 3 months so I called CS. I got another very helpful and knowledgeable CSR who confirmed that it wasn't added. So she added it and also gave me the Cinemax for penny for a year deal. She even offered to set up the Platinum HD & free HBO/Starz to come off automatically after 3 months so I don't have to call back to cancel! I couldn't be happier. And no I don't work for DISH!!:D

nrholland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 13, 2003
Tampa Bay Area
I was originally offered $50 for a 622. I said I didn't want a 622 but rather a 722. They gave me a 722 for $75. However, they sent it to me (I just got it yesterday) UPS and I have to install it myself and send my old 625 back. No problem. I can handle that.

Islandguy43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 24, 2006
Grand Island, NY
I am sure that they did do a 24 month comittment . Nothing is free at DISH. This is Charlie Ergen we are talking about after all.

Not necessarily true. In September I was all set to switch to D*. I had a install date and programing package, receivers all picked out etc.

Then I called to cancel E*. They immediately sent me to retention department and basically gave me my nhlci subscription for free by means of $15 off my bill for 12 months and no commitments on my part.

So I took them up on their deal; because in realty I didn't want to lose my 722 and hopefully come spring when hockey season is over, I will see enough new hd additions to make me not to want and even consider leaving again.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
I hope that you recorded the conversation or got it in writing. My bet is that if you tried to cancel anytime in the next few months that you will be told that you have a commitment. Oh and they will debit your credit card to prove it.

emathis

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 12, 2006
I upgraded by 510 in the bedroom to a 622 for $50. The installer just came (still don't understand why I needed an installer for an easy box swap) and he installed a 722. Do you think Dish will let that go or will they charge me $125 without asking me?.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I upgraded by 510 in the bedroom to a 622 for $50. The installer just came (still don't understand why I needed an installer for an easy box swap) and he installed a 722. Do you think Dish will let that go or will they charge me $125 without asking me?.
There are obviously no 622's available in your are, so 722's are automatic in that case. I got the same "deal" last year. Assuming you pre-paid with credit card, you will not get an additional charge. Plus, when I had a service call for a bad 622 this summer, guess what? A new 722!!

dhageremtp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 2, 2006
North Dakota
Installers came today, great guys. They had to work in -6 degree weather outside to swap out the dish. Wish they would have ran a third run for OTA install of diplexing it, but then again, I dont want to crawl into my crawl space either. The first 722 they installed wouldnt boot, had a bad harddrive or something like that. Second one works thus far!

Chinatown

On Vacation
Oct 11, 2006
Wisconsin
There are obviously no 622's available in your are, so 722's are automatic in that case. I got the same "deal" last year. Assuming you pre-paid with credit card, you will not get an additional charge. Plus, when I had a service call for a bad 622 this summer, guess what? A new 722!!

I have had a 622 for 2 years. Works like a charm. Am swapping a 625 for another 622 on the "Dish-in up", program for $50.00 Will be here on Thursday to hook it up. By the way, I am in Wisconsin.

Carphunter

Dec 14, 2008
i'm posting in another thread... but this is on topic. I haven't tried their win-back department yet... but that's who I'll hit when I try to do this.

I want to get the 722 for the cost of the 622... or at least the $75 dollar deal you guys are mentioning.

Is just mentioning I'm going to switch to cable or direct the best bargaining ploy...or are they pretty easy on existing, long term customers and offer up that deal quickly?

never mind... talked to loyalty department... looks like I'll get a no fee upgrade to 722. i tried to get national hd's...but they won't give them to me...but they'll kill the $10 locals fee i'm paying since they can't give me the hd locals. So i guess i get the sd locals for free then

oh, in the call, they said i qualified for the 1cent cinemax deal, so they turned that on for me right now

Last edited:

coachdubya

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 24, 2006
Carp,
How did you get in contact with the loyalty dept? Been with D for 10 years and after some conversation the CSR offer the 622 at no charge but 722 was gonna cost me $75. Free is better.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts