Holiday Music NOW on DISH

When I was a kid, Christmas stuff did not come out until after Thanksgiving.
Actually that probably could be said of five years ago. Halloween has really expanded, and now Christmas is taking over November. Pre-Black Friday sales started last year I think. It may get to the point where we aren't certain which year's Christmas is being marketed for.

Kind of stinks that Sirius XM put Holiday Traditions on a channel that Dish doesn't get. I enjoy the Johnny Mathis and Dean Martin classics over the N-Sync and Mariah Carrey Christmas songs on Holly.

On or day after Thanksgiving.

I got a Traxis DBS3500 on flea-bay, and I'm having better luck testing this one than I did with my Openbox s10. (I'm looking forward to playing with the FTA dish once the weather clears up a bit!)

I only see the Dish 101 channels; are the holiday music stations still in the clear? Dish is pointed at 119W, but Radio channels 947 and 949 seem to be scrambled along with the others. Maybe I have the wrong transponders? Or would I need to use an old Dish receiver for that?

Last edited:
Anyone looking for a real alternative, though not family friendly ... somafm.com check out Xmas in Frisco ... not your typical Xmas music ... it was their stream that actually got me more into liking some xmas music.. and made me realize the reason I had standard radio for the holidays is the repetition of "family friendly" versions of the same songs ... over and over and over again.. but with Soma's Xmas in Frisco .. not only do you get unique versions of classics, you get alternatives .. Dreidel song by Southpark ... clips / "bumpers" between from bing crosby to ZZ Top, and some bits that some people have probably never heard like Stan Freeberg's Christmas Jingles..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003A90Q52/ref=dm_dp_trk6

for example ... :)

SomaFM / Xmas in Frisko
http://somafm.com/xmasinfrisko/

I got a Traxis DBS3500 on flea-bay, and I'm having better luck testing this one than I did with my Openbox s10. (I'm looking forward to playing with the FTA dish once the weather clears up a bit!)

I only see the Dish 101 channels; are the holiday music stations still in the clear? Dish is pointed at 119W, but Radio channels 947 and 949 seem to be scrambled along with the others. Maybe I have the wrong transponders? Or would I need to use an old Dish receiver for that?
they're all scrambled. Freeview to Dish subs is different than in the clear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)