Holiday Party Info & Official Rules

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Since SatelliteGuys started back in 2002, we have always been proud that we have been able to give back to our members and today in 2012 that tradition lives on!

Last year we did not have a "Holiday Party" like we did in prior years. In fact the last "Holiday Party" we held was also the same night I appeared as a guest on the final Charlie Chat with Charlie Ergen. I still remember the gasp in our chat room when I appeared on everyones television screens. A lot of members contacted me last year and told me they missed the old "Holiday Party" chats, so for 2012 we are bring them back!

Join us on 12/12/12 at 8PM ET / 5PM PT for what I hope will go down as our greatest Holiday Party ever!

The SatelliteGuys Chat Room will open at 7PM with the official chat starting at 8.... and then at 8:15 I put on my Santa Suit and we start giving away prizes! For some of the prizes you MUST be in the chat room to win that prize however for other prizes you are not required to be in the chat. Hopefully this makes it fun for everyone! A list of prizes are below and those listed with a (*) next to it means you must be in the chat room to win. This year I am changing things up a little more... meaning if we call someones name for a prize that requires the winner to be in the Chat Room and they are not there, that person will instead receive a $50 Amazon.COM Gift Certificate... and then my wife Eva will take on the roll of Prize Goddess and will randomly draw a winner for that prize who IS in the chat room!

But wait there is more fun to be had!

SatelliteGuys Radio will return to the air for the Holiday Party! For this party I will be your DJ playing some of your favorite Christmas Music... in addition we will open up our Toll Free Phone Lines for those in our chat room to call in and make requests... and maybe I will even give away some prizes to random callers! The link to tune in and listen will be on our homepage the night of the Holiday Party!

Now to enter all you need to do is CLICK HERE and enter to win on the prizes you wish to win. Limit one entry per member per prize per 24 hour period. (This means you can enter once for each prize every 24 hours.) Again to enter please CLICK HERE, and remember to enter daily! A link to enter will also be added to our homepage as well as on our navigation bar. Deadline for entries is 11:59PM ET on December 11th.

One thing I need to mention... every time we do this after the party is over we always get a handful of members who are very upset at us because they did not win a prize. Please understand my wife and I do this from the goodness of our own hearts. We are not required to do this, and honestly you don't see any other site give away anything to their members. We do this because we want not only to make SatelliteGuys an exciting fun place for our members, but also (and more importantly) we do this because it is our way of giving back and saying THANK YOU to all our members. Since we pay for these own prizes out of our own pockets, they are not donated so we have a limit of how many prizes we can give out. And believe it or not we are unfortunately not millionares... but I think we have a good spread of prizes anyways. Anyways all winners are draw at random, if you win then congrats and if you don't then we hope you had a great time at the party. If you don't win please don't cry to us that you didn't win as the chat room will be packed and many of those folks won't win either. Please do not ruin this event for us and other members who are there to have a good time and hopefully win a prize. Thank you for understanding the fact that if you don't win a prize it wasn't you... it was that we just didn't have enough prizes to give to everyone. :)

Now with that out of the way... what can you win?

Here is a list of the prizes for this years SatelliteGuys Holiday Party...

Apple iPad Mini - Model # OD540LL/A - Black iPad Mini WIFI/ 4G LTE (Verizon Model) 16 GB
Nintendo WII U - Black DELUXE Edition (*)
ASUS 14" Laptop with Windows 8, 4 GB Ram, 320 GB Hard Drive. (Color white)
$100 iTunes Gift Card (*)
Samsung Blu-ray Player with Built in WIFI
Roku XD 1080P Wireless Digital Media Player (*)
Harmony 650 Universal Remote

Plus other prizes such as Amazon.COM Gift Certificates and SatelliteGuys Shirts, Mugs and Mousepads from the SatelliteGuys Logo Store!

(*) Indicates that you must be in our SatelliteGuys Chat Room to win that prize.

A special note on the iPad Mini... unfortunetly due to export restrictions we are unable to ship the iPad Mini outside of the United States (sorry to our friends in Canada ad Puerto Rico!)
Please only enter to win that prize if you reside in the United States!

SatelliteGuys urges all members who wish to join us in the chat to test their systems BEFORE 12/12/12 as there will be no technical support available the night of the party. You can test your system by CLICKING HERE. If you are on a computer, please make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your machine. (To get the latest version please visit www.java.com) The SatelliteGuys chat also works on most smartphones and pdas, including iphone, ipads and android devices. AGAIN PLEASE TEST YOUR SYSTEMS NOW BY CLICKING HERE!

On Tuesday Night December 11th t 7:30 PM we will be closing our Chat Room to get ready for the event on the 12th so PLEASE test your systems NOW! The chat room will reopen on Wednesday Night at 7PM Eastern Time. Space in our chat room is available on a first come, first served basis. So get there early! Last time we did this we have over 1,200 people in the chat room, will our server hold that many this time? Nobody knows!

From my wife and myself I wish to extend holiday tidings and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and thank them for all of our success in 2012!

Now with that all out of the way here are the official rules.

OFFICIAL RULES
Who Can Enter
Raffle is open to ALL Registered SatelliteGuys Members who have posted to our forums at least 5 times who reside in the United States (including the USVI), Puerto Rico & Canada (except where noted). (Note: Scott & Eva Greczkowski are not allowed to enter or win, however all other SatelliteGuys Staff is eligible!)

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY! VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.

Entry
No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Contestants may enter up to the number of enteries as specified in the prize description and up to one entry a day per prize. Users can enter to win at http://www.satelliteguys.us/raffles.php Enteries will be accepted from 12:00am ET on December 5th through 11:59PM ET on December 11th.

SatelliteGuys.US is not responsible for any entries, and/or Internet connections that are misdirected, lost, stolen, disconnected, not received, or are illegible. SatelliteGuys is not responsible for any printing errors. All entries become the property of SatelliteGuys.US and will not be acknowledged or returned.

Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest.

The use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry modes is prohibited and will be void. In case of an identity dispute, the registered user of the email account on the date of entry will be the recognized user.

For internet based entries when entry requires membership in the forum: Membership is free. There is no cost to become a member of SatelliteGuys. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a member, the holder of the e-mail account will be deemed the person who submitted the membership. The holder of the e-mail account is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the second level domain associated with the e-mail address in question. Limit one membership per person and one membership per e-mail address. Members are required to provide truthful information when completing membership registration form. If SatelliteGuys determines that any registration contains false or fraudulent information or is submitted by a person other than the one named in the registration process or by an ineligible entrant, such registration will be disqualified and that member will be prohibited from participating in this raffle. If you cancel your membership or are banned during any raffle in which you entered, you may no longer be eligible to win a prize in such raffle, in SatelliteGuys sole discretion.

SatelliteGuys shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the raffle and in the interpretation of raffle rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the raffles constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by SatelliteGuys.US.

Prize(s)

All Prizes have been provided by Scott and Eva Greczkowski for use for this special Holiday Party.

Prizes are awarded by a computerized random selection and are not influenced by SatelliteGuys.US staff or sponsors.

Prizes awarded by SatelliteGuys.US will be mailed to winner's address. SatelliteGuys.US will not be responsible for lost, stolen or misdirected prizes once mailed.

Some prizes may require you to be in our chat room in order to win them. If you are not in our chat room when your name is called you will be given a Amazon.COM gift card as a consolation prize. The real prize will be then given away by randon drawing to those who are in the chat room. For prizes which require you to be in our chat room look for the (*) by the prizes name in the prize listing.

Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.

Prize winners agree to allow us to publiclly post their registered username to our forums and in addition their names will be posted on the raffle information page and SatelliteGuys homepage.

Prizes not claimed within 5 days of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of SatelliteGuys.US. Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of SatelliteGuys.US Management.

Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state, federal, provincial and import taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in the raffle rules.

The odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received.

By participating in a SatelliteGuys raffle, entrants hereby agree that SatelliteGuys has no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession and/or use of a prize or an entrant's participation in any such raffle.

SatelliteGuys raffles are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.

SatelliteGuys reserves the right to: (i) terminate, draw winners early or declare any raffle null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the raffle have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the raffle; (ii) alter or amend these raffle rules at any time; and (iii) stop or conclude the raffle at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the raffle rules will be posted in the forums, when practical.

These are general raffle rules, and rules for individual raffles may vary. To the extent that any individual raffle rules differ from these rules, the individual raffle rules will govern and control.

GOOD LUCK AND THANKS FOR VISITING SATELLITEGUYS!

<tbody>

</tbody>

What Scott and Eva do for us for Christmas is very special to me and greatly appreciated. Anyone in the past who has complained that they did not win a prize is um,,, well I won't say it. I will at least say they should be very ashamed of themselves. I get my prize everyday when I log on to the site. Looking forward to all of us joining in the chat room for the party and the Christmas Across The Lands program too, which is another gift from Scott and Eva that has become a holiday tradition with me and my family.

Last edited:
Just a bit fuzzy on the * chat room prizes.Do you have to enter the raffle and be in the chat on 12/12/12?Or just be in the chat room?

After entering, I have a couple questions. After submitting, it stated I could enter again in 30 minutes, however the rules state only 1 entry every 24 hours. Also, it stated the max entries were 25 per person. This confuses me as only 1 entry per 24 hours would not allow 25 entries. To be clear I have no problem with only being able to enter once every 24 hours, just checking on clarification that's all.

After entering, I have a couple questions. After submitting, it stated I could enter again in 30 minutes, however the rules state only 1 entry every 24 hours. Also, it stated the max entries were 25 per person. This confuses me as only 1 entry per 24 hours would not allow 25 entries. To be clear I have no problem with only being able to enter once every 24 hours, just checking on clarification that's all.

Fixed now... I was working on something so that Pub Members could get double entries... but that didn't work. :(

It's once per day.

Fixed now... I was working on something so that Pub Members could get double entries... but that didn't work. :(

It's once per day.

that's a shame that's a double entry for Pub members didn't work but you still get an A for effort. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

Thanks for offering all the great prizes. SatGuys is definitely the best. After submitting an entry, it still says you can enter again in 30 minutes.

Good grief! I thought those export restrictions were for places like China, not Canada and certainly not for Puerto Rico. :(

Good grief! I thought those export restrictions were for places like China, not Canada and certainly not for Puerto Rico. :(
"export restrictions" is a fairly strong term and generally applies to gov't imposed restrictions. In this case, I don't think that's accurate. This is simply a restriction of Apple's, not the gov't.

It would be cool if someone did a voice chat with holiday music playing in the background and the prizes announced on the voice chat and in text.

It's funny I was reading another thread, and I said to myself, why does Scott have my Birthday as his avatar? lol My wife will be out of town picking up her parents, so I may actually be able to join the party.

"export restrictions" is a fairly strong term and generally applies to gov't imposed restrictions. In this case, I don't think that's accurate. This is simply a restriction of Apple's, not the gov't.

So who is Apple to say who you give it to after you buy it?

Did you guys remember to enter yet today? Remember you can enter once every 24 hours. :D

I picked 12/12/12 so that I could ship everyone their prizes and they could have them in hands before Christmas, just in case they want to give it to someone else for the Holiday. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)