Holy Cr@p! We're buying a house!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line--we don't trust the sellers/sellers agents to be forthcoming on all house history details or to be willing to give us the things we need, and overall that we're being protected from future steep costs in terms of taxes and repairs.

That's the story. And we're not feeling good about it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out.
Better to walk away than to stick your neck out.
If it wasn't meant to be-walk away.
Best wishes. It could be a blessing in disguise......

home prices are headed down, patience is a virtue, better deals are to be had.

today few put in copper plumbing. PEX is way easier and cheaper too. amazingly easy to work with and far better.

Plus, keep in mind: no inspection will ever provide a complete list of flaws.

Amen. It was the sum total of expanding 'issues' on top of the idea of 'we're never gonna catch everything, so leave some breathing room' that eventually put us in the feeling that we we're getting in over our heads on this one.

It's really too bad. We do love several things about this place...especially the location. It was in a beautiful neighborhood, close to the lake, gorgeous parks, a short walk to the train for my commute downtown, and in the middle of one of the best school districts in Chicagoland.

Sigh.

We just have to be very smart about a commitment like this. Hopefully there's an even better one around the corner...or some miracle re-arrangement of the landscape on this deal will present itself. I have faith a better fit/deal is out there...

home prices are headed down, patience is a virtue, better deals are to be had.

today few put in copper plumbing. PEX is way easier and cheaper too. amazingly easy to work with and far better.

As a plumber, I want to throw in my 2 cents, and tell you PEX is the way to go. Half the price of copper now. I'm paying twice as much this year for copper compared to last year.

As a plumber, I want to throw in my 2 cents, and tell you PEX is the way to go. Half the price of copper now. I'm paying twice as much this year for copper compared to last year.

people are breaking into homes around here and even stealing the copper plumbing right out of the homes:(

When remodeling my house, I replaced all the plumbing. I replaced the CPVC with PEX. Awesome stuff. The crimp tools were pricy, but it was amazingly simple to work with. No fittings needed to go around thing, the 1/2" just bends around everything.

people are breaking into homes around here and even stealing the copper plumbing right out of the homes:(

Had that happen to me twice now. The first time was in a house I was remodeling, freakin' crackheads came in and ripped my just completed re-pipe out, including the faucets. The other was an idiot trying to steal the electrical wires running from the pole to my warehouse. That dum-dum didn't get far, the jolt knocked his dumbass off the 16' ladder to the ground, where he broke his leg. Police arrested his ass after the power co. workers found him laying in the alley still holding the cutters. Certainly a nominee for "twit of the year".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)