What do people think they're accomplishing by being a BS'er?

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Yesterday I talked to a co-worker that told flat out BS. When we were talking about movies, he stated that he saw "The Eternals" in 3D here in Rochester, MN. Yes, "The Eternals" was released in 3D in theaters, but it wasn't released in 3D here in Rochester, MN. I always do my research to see if a 3D version is coming out in town. If "The Eternals" (horrible movie anyways) was to be released in 3D in town it would definitely have been in 3D at the local Marcus theater since that would be the most likely, but it wasn't released in 3D there, but he told me he saw it in 3D at the local Chateau Theatre. And like I stated, it wasn't released in 3D ANYWHERE here in Rochester, MN since I did the research. I researched all theaters from a week prior to it arriving to a week into the theatrical run at all our local theaters. If it doesn't arrive by a week into its release here in town, it won't be released in 3D here. He also stated he saw "The Batman" in 3D from what he told me last night, and I knew when he said that that he was full of BS, but I researched it anyway this morning. NOT A SINGLE 3D release ANYWHERE in the world. There were a few things he said about his relationships that he told me about that I knew were BS too, but I'm not going into the details on that. I have a sister that's a BS'er and a dad that occasionally BS's too. These are just a few of many examples in life I experienced. Seriously, why do people make crap up? Many people will know you are full of crap and you're not accomplishing anything. Not to mention from such, the only thing that you WOULD accomplish would be that people will either think you are delusional and/or really stupid, and people will stop trusting ANYTHING that you say. If any of you guys are BS'ers ANY of the time, please stop if you don't want people to think that you are annoying and stupid.

Yesterday I talked to a co-worker that told flat out BS. When we were talking about movies, he stated that he saw "The Eternals" in 3D here in Rochester, MN. Yes, "The Eternals" was released in 3D in theaters, but it wasn't released in 3D here in Rochester, MN. I always do my research to see if a 3D version is coming out in town. If "The Eternals" (horrible movie anyways) was to be released in 3D in town it would definitely have been in 3D at the local Marcus theater since that would be the most likely, but it wasn't released in 3D there, but he told me he saw it in 3D at the local Chateau Theatre. And like I stated, it wasn't released in 3D ANYWHERE here in Rochester, MN since I did the research. I researched all theaters from a week prior to it arriving to a week into the theatrical run at all our local theaters. If it doesn't arrive by a week into its release here in town, it won't be released in 3D here. He also stated he saw "The Batman" in 3D from what he told me last night, and I knew when he said that that he was full of BS, but I researched it anyway this morning. NOT A SINGLE 3D release ANYWHERE in the world. There were a few things he said about his relationships that he told me about that I knew were BS too, but I'm not going into the details on that. I have a sister that's a BS'er and a dad that occasionally BS's too. These are just a few of many examples in life I experienced. Seriously, why do people make crap up? Many people will know you are full of crap and you're not accomplishing anything. Not to mention from such, the only thing that you WOULD accomplish would be that people will either think you are delusional and/or really stupid, and people will stop trusting ANYTHING that you say. If any of you guys are BS'ers ANY of the time, please stop if you don't want people to think that you are annoying and stupid.
I have to partially correct myself. "The Eternals" was released in 3D here, it was that Asian character's (I forgot his name) movie that wasn't. I forgot since it's been a while. But like I stated, "The Batman" wasn't made in 3D, and there was plenty of other BS he told me.

That sounds like a complete role reversal to me, not a partial correction.
I simply forgot which Marvel movie WASN'T released in 3D here in Rochester, MN, since it's been so long. I was thinking of "Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings" which wasn't released in 3D in town. I got them confused since I'm not very familiar with those superheroes, the movies came out close to each other, and that I despised both movies. I simply misremembered. There's a difference between forgetting and telling tall tales. If you read correctly I still said that "The Batman" was still not released in 3D despite my co-worker saying it was. He was also telling tall tales about his girlfriend, and like I said earlier, I've noticed one of my sisters constantly make up stories and my dad has on occasion. I'll give you another example, my dad said that they changed the name of "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" movie and that the subtitle was originally "The Twin Towers" but was changed after 9/11. My dad claimed he heard it on the radio. When people make up stories it annoys me.

I simply forgot which Marvel movie WASN'T released in 3D here in Rochester, MN, since it's been so long. I was thinking of "Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings" which wasn't released in 3D in town. I got them confused since I'm not very familiar with those superheroes, the movies came out close to each other, and that I despised both movies. I simply misremembered. There's a difference between forgetting and telling tall tales. If you read correctly I still said that "The Batman" was still not released in 3D despite my co-worker saying it was. He was also telling tall tales about his girlfriend, and like I said earlier, I've noticed one of my sisters constantly make up stories and my dad has on occasion. I'll give you another example, my dad said that they changed the name of "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" movie and that the subtitle was originally "The Twin Towers" but was changed after 9/11. My dad claimed he heard it on the radio. When people make up stories it annoys me.

Well, while your Dad has the details wrong, he is not incorrect that there was some blowback from the subtitle. It came from the fact that less than a year after the events of 9/11 New Line Cinema was working on and considering releasing a film with 'The Two Towers' as a subtitle. It was assumed (wrongly) by some that it referred to the recent events of September 11th, 2001 and the twin towers. In actuality, the book was written in 1954. Even so, this upset some people, understandably I guess, and there was even a petition to have the title changed. Here is a link to it on the Wayback Machine:

So, while he had the details wrong, your Dad is not incorrect about the fuss the title caused. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: navychop
You think he was confused by the IMAX 2D version? IMAX is pretty cool....if you can afford it.
I've know a few pathological liars. You know they are dedicated when you call bs and they give you a look like "ok, you caught me". And keep right on keepin' on.

It doesn't matter that the movie was released three years ago. You impugned a person for lying when they may have been telling the truth.
Maybe so on that specific title.. I forgot about it earlier, but I remember now that he said he also saw "Morbius" in 3D in town, and Rochester, MN hasn't played any of the Sony Marvel movies (with the exception of the Spider-Man ones) in 3D since the first "Venom" and that was just for the first three days. I can't remember the rest of the conversation but I remember a lot of it was far-fetched.

Well, while your Dad has the details wrong, he is not incorrect that there was some blowback from the subtitle. It came from the fact that less than a year after the events of 9/11 New Line Cinema was working on and considering releasing a film with 'The Two Towers' as a subtitle. It was assumed (wrongly) by some that it referred to the recent events of September 11th, 2001 and the twin towers. In actuality, the book was written in 1954. Even so, this upset some people, understandably I guess, and there was even a petition to have the title changed. Here is a link to it on the Wayback Machine:

So, while he had the details wrong, your Dad is not incorrect about the fuss the title caused. ;)
My dad said it very firmly and strongly that they RENAMED it. I even tried debating it with him. But I'll throw you another example. Back in the 90's, dad said that formatted/pan-and-scan/4:3 VHS titles that were in the theater prior were somehow mad to fit the entire 4:3 screens at that time but they somehow made it look natural and they were able to not make it look "squished". I explained to him later that those shows were CROPPED with the best angle of each scene of such VHS movies. I wish I could remember the rest, but I don't spend all my time memorizing my conversations especially since I haven't talked to my dad for about a decade (not for those reasons but different more serious ones).