Holy Geez

hamiltonjm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
Ok... So I have an 811 with a superdish. I called yesterday to upgrade to a 211. She informed me that there was no ther dish needed to see the new hd channels. So I said ok..lets do it; paid my $49 for the upgrade and that was the end of it. So today I am reading the forums and I find out that in fact I will need a second dish for the new HD program packages. I call TECH SUPPORT and they confirm that I will need another dish pointing at 129 to recieve some of the new hd channels. AND I will have to pay $99!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!

update

ok..on the phone with tech support for a second time to get another opinion. It seems that Dish operates like the medical practice. This lady says that the $49 WILL cover the cost of putting the new dish in place. This is rediculous..

Final Call

Ok..everything is straightened out. The last Tech Support lady told me that the original CSR put me in for a regular reciever(not HD) and no channel package upgrade. So, after 3 hours on the phone with 1 CSR and 2 TECH SUPPORT REPS, I get my vip211 and dish1000 upgrade this next Tuesday. All in all, if you have any questiions, or don't speak Indian, when you call Dish.... Navigate your phone to the TECH SUPPORT agents; I have found they are much more compitent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts