Holy schmoley all my recorded programs are gone

FloridaFlame

Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Stayed home sick today and was all settled in to watch last night's new ep of "Lost". But when I hit the DVR button on my 522 remote, all of my 20+ recorded events had VANISHED.

Now, the Timers are still there. So the hard drive didn't completely wipe. And, get this: the time available is the same that it was last night (about 47 hours). So it's as if the events are still recorded but they're not displaying on the DVR screen.

The History was still there, too, with full details. When I called Dish, they had me unplug the receiver. After that, only deletes (that I had done) showed in the History.

I am able to record new programs but still none of the old ones are showing up.

Dish Network is sending me a new receiver, but that doesn't bring back Lost and all the other goodies I recorded while on vacation last week. Has anyone had this happen to them-- and better yet, did they ever get the recorded events back?

THANKS!

That'll teach you to DVR anything called 'Lost'. :p

Sorry to hear it. I've heard of others losing their recordings, though it's rare. It still sucks the big one. And I don't think anyone else has been able to recover them.

And welcome to SatelliteGuys.US, and get well soon. :)

I wish everyone that is interested in buying a 522 could be forced to visit these forums to read the problems before they get what they think is a proven reliable product. Welcome to DISH Network buggy software, your replacement receiver will be a remanufactured receiver and may have more problems than you have now.

I laugh through my tears. Maybe there is a secret part of code that kills your recorded programs anything you record something named "Lost"! ;-)

My 510 did the same thing and fortunately for me a front panel reset brought it all back. I aggree with the quirky software but I think it's true of all software the developers always seem to release it before all the bugs are fixed.

My 522 did that to me a couple of months back. Woke up one morning, hit the DVR button and everything was gone. Probably close to 30 hours of recordings. I hate this POS, but I'm stuck till February.

I maybe wrong, if so please correct me. I was under the impression that when the 522 did its nightly hard drive test, and it found a problem you had 7 days before everything was deleted. I thought you got some kind of warning. I also thought that if you missed the warning, but went to the menu and pressed menu 6, 3(Diagnostic Tests) If the Hard Drive button is grayed out you were OK, If it wasn't grayed out it was getting ready to delete or let you do it by selecting it.
I hope I'm right because I have about 15 hrs of recordings and check this every 2 or 3 days to avoid unexpected deletions.
Lenny

Ah, now you're experiencing the same crap that us Dishplayer 7100/7200 users went through- and it really sucks! :mad:

Since I moved to a DirecTivo I've never lost a recording.

Similiar thing happened to me...

This same thing happened to me a couple of months ago - and I had a about 85+ hours of programming on my receiver. I also freaked out and wondered what I could do - because it showed only 10 hours or so of recorded time available. I figured it must be there, but had no idea what to do to get it back. I wish I could remember exactly what I did to recover them - maybe I unplugged the receiver from the wall and plugged it back in. But the good news was that I did end up getting all of my recordings "back", if they were ever gone in the first place! This was the first time something strange had happened with my unit, after it had flawlessly worked for 4 months straight. :no

Posting in this thread earlier must have jinxed me! Now my 522 tells me there are errors on the hd and I have 5 days before all my recordings are deleted. I so love this box!! !sadroll

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)