Home Distribution on 922?

jeffreymabq

Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
New Mexico
OK - I apologize in advance for being redundant in my posting. However, I have seen conflicting information on the Home Dsitribution Port, and I can't get mine to work.

Can I mirror my 922 to another TV in another room via coax? Do I need it to run through any splitters or anything, or do I just (basically) run coax from home distribution to my other TV? What is the "direct connect" feature on this menu?

Thanks for you help - this is very frustrating since i can't figure it out....

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work yet. This may not work for you but I ran 3 RCA cables (yellow, red, white) to a nearby location for a 2nd TV.

I am mirroring my 922 to a kitchen TV via coax. I have the coax coming out of the home distribution jack, and going to the back of the kitchen TV. On the modulator setup screen I have TV1 Channel set to "air" and channel 60. TV2 channel is on "air" and set to channel 58. Not sure if TV2 matters, it must not, because my kitchen TV is turned on channel 60. I have Home Distribution selected in connection options. I don't know what Direct Connect means either.

Or maybe the Home Distribution is shorted out? This happens more often than people think on the previous generations of ViP dual tuner models. I've had 2 different experiences when this was the case. Please do a really easy test or try connecting the coax to another output to be certain it is not the line, and really confirm that you can't Home Distribution. If you've tried everything to confirm your situation, then get it RMA'd.

I am mirroring my 922 to a kitchen TV via coax. I have the coax coming out of the home distribution jack, and going to the back of the kitchen TV. On the modulator setup screen I have TV1 Channel set to "air" and channel 60. TV2 channel is on "air" and set to channel 58. Not sure if TV2 matters, it must not, because my kitchen TV is turned on channel 60. I have Home Distribution selected in connection options. I don't know what Direct Connect means either.
Is the kitchen TV HD or SD?