Home media and Hulu

textmex

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2007
I am a new 922 user. When I bought it I was promised that I could 1) play things form my computer connected to the network and 2) watch hulu, netflix, etc. thru the 922. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do either. What the hell?

1. You need to have your 922 connected to your home network.

2. You need a reasonably fast internet connection (not dialup).

3. You need to be running some type of DLNA server on your computer. Check out Playon by doing a google search.

Also the vip922 does not have a build in browser so services like hulu, netflix Is not their.

Also the 922 does not talk to the Logitec revue at this time.

Some on here the forum claim:
1) its in the works
2) logitec does work with the 922
My Revue works with my 922. It won't integrate but all that means is when the search function on the Revue is used it doesn't search the 922 recorded programs or Dish VOD on the 922. Since I usually know what's recorded and never use VOD it's no big deal to me. The Revue keyboard will control the 922 as will my Harmony 700. And I also have the Harmony 700 set up to control the Revue if all I want to do is click a button. Still need the keyboard for some things.

The big thing Revue won't do it won't do on any receiver from any provider. The networks have blocked the Chrome browser on Revue from streaming their full episodes. The last I tried I was able to stream a preview on CBS but not a full episode. At the same time I can use my lap top and stream a full episode from any of the nets that have blocked the Revue and watch on my big screen via the HDMI connection or with the Push2TV.

The networks have blocked the Chrome browser on Revue from streaming their full episodes. The last I tried I was able to stream a preview on CBS but not a full episode. At the same time I can use my lap top and stream a full episode from any of the nets that have blocked the Revue and watch on my big screen via the HDMI connection or with the Push2TV.

Some sites you can get to work by switching the "Browser Agent" setting to "Generic". That's how I got streams to work from thedailyshow.com and colbertnation.com. Sites like Hulu will still be blocked because they kill it at the flash plug-in level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts