HOME MEDIA "play to end" problem

alberto7valdez

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
Hello All,
just upgraded to hopper 3, i have movies in folders on my nas, and before i was able to play all of the movies within a folder one after another using the "play to end" option. now, i can only play one at a time. the videos are 3-4 min long for my 2 yr old kid. Can anyone "play to end" vidoes?, is there a work around, thinking its a software glitch.

I am surprised you can play any. I thought this feature was broke all together. Only a few of the icons show up on mine and none will play. The ones where the icons appear will let me try to play but I get an error 1252 before it even starts. The ones without Icons will not even let me try to play. On the HWS they all played and had icons.

I can't play any either but haven't had time to dig into it. I don't get any icons to show up. All the movies are listed, but without icons. I don't even get the option to play, just like you. They all worked on HWS prior to the Carbon update but with the Carbon update on HWS and now with H3, nothing plays.

I am surprised you can play any. I thought this feature was broke all together. Only a few of the icons show up on mine and none will play. The ones where the icons appear will let me try to play but I get an error 1252 before it even starts. The ones without Icons will not even let me try to play. On the HWS they all played and had icons.
most of my files are "mkv" and play fine. i have a few that are mp4 and those will not play. i'll be converting those to mkv with "freemake video converter", its a free software you can download

Reactions: jsaxon2
most of my files are "mkv" and play fine. i have a few that are mp4 and those will not play. i'll be converting those to mkv with "freemake video converter", its a free software you can download
That helps. I use Emby and I think the default container for the hopper is set to mp4. I'll have to create a new profile and set it to mkv. I won't be home till this weekend, but will let everyone know how I make out. Thanks again.

I converted all mine to mkv and they all play, BUT, some of them are in "CinemaScope" letterbox format and the H3 makes them fill the screen and cuts off the sides. And there is no format option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)