KaptainRandom

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
mesa az
Hopper 3, u347, 4/9/17
Joey 2, u278, 4/9/17
laptop which serves as home media server

Previously streamed home media mp4s system wide.
Only aparent change in system is hopper3/joey2 software update.
Now home media on both hopper3/joey2 presents streamed mp4s as small (pip type) window in upper right.

Tryed...
reboot laptop,
soft reboot hopper3,
hard reboot hopper3 (power pull),
soft reset joey2.

Best guess at this point,
Issue seems to be latest software update

An other suggestions for resolution besides 'wait for next update'?

I noticed this also on a 4K Joey. Seemed to start after an update a few days ago. I wish I new how bugs like this get out. This is not a case of something not working right under a certain set of conditions or something acting weird every few days. This is an obvious error that happens every single time you try to use it. How does this get released.

I'm having the same problem. I have two original Hoppers that have been "upgraded" to CUI, version U115. When I try to view a video in Home Media, it's displayed in a small window in the upper right corner of the screen. Nothing I do will get the video to display full screen. Used to work fine before the switch to CUI. I can't remember if I tried to view any videos via Home Media in any earlier versions of CUI. First version installed was U113.

I have the same issue on Hopper 3 and 4k Joey's since the 347 update. Dish software release management is extremely poor.

Ha! I just got around to connecting my Wally to my network and noticed the same thing this past weekend. Glad it's not just me. Hopefully Dish will fix it "soon".....

Just got off the phone with Dish. They have no idea. Said a report was sent to the Engineers and that it could be a month before any resolution. Just wanted to give a heads up.

This is after they tried to say it was my tv, my computer, my DNLA (serviio). Once I pointed out that it was fine on Saturday, but not on sunday, and that it was on all tv's using dish "home media", did they realize I wasn't full of crap. Also wanted me to reset my Hopper3 to factory settings which I would not do, because I would lose all of my DVR content.

anyway, just wanted to post a heads up.

Problem still exists after U116 update yesterday. It actually seems worse in that files it used to play aren't recognized now. Back to using my Xbox 360 for DLNA playback.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Problem still exists after U116 update yesterday. It actually seems worse in that files it used to play aren't recognized now
Typical.... The Home Media feature has went round in circles with only supporting MP4, then MP4 quit working but MKV did, then they both work. What works now ? No idea, I've given up on it.

Hopper 2, Hopper 3, Joeys, Wallys, and so on, all obviously sharing code (which is perfectly sensible) but when pushing it amongst all of these different receiver models, obviously no one is testing it .... or they don't care. That begs the question, what changes to the home media s/w did they make that is important enough to share between all of these models but not enough to test ?

Hopper 2, Hopper 3, Joeys, Wallys, and so on, all obviously sharing code (which is perfectly sensible) but when pushing it amongst all of these different receiver models, obviously no one is testing it .... or they don't care. That begs the question, what changes to the home media s/w did they make that is important enough to share between all of these models but not enough to test ?
This is exactly what I wondered. In this case it is not as if any in depth testing would have been needed for the problem to show up. The problem is noticed immediately upon trying to use the app. It is as if there is no quality control what so ever.

Makes me wonder if there was a security issue behind it, but let's be real, hackers go after 'bigger' targets - Windows, Android, iOS, and so on. Hell, macOS barely gets any attention because of how small it's market share is. The # of Dish receivers to go after can hardly be worth their time and effort.

Jan 2016 Hopper 3 died last night.
New Hopper 3 working great,
Dish Anywhere seems to be more responsive.
Going thru menus adjuating settings.
Signing into netflix.
Gave HomeMedia a try AND surprise, surprise...
full size pic,
Not top/right thumbnail.
Yeah.
software U348
Aplication software AN270a

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

I wonder if there's a 'reset' that only applies to the home-media app that will fix this ? I have U349 and while I've never paid attention to this "Application software" number, mine is '275'. I still get the upper-right corner thumbnail....

I wonder if there's a 'reset' that only applies to the home-media app that will fix this ? I have U349 and while I've never paid attention to this "Application software" number, mine is '275'. I still get the upper-right corner thumbnail....
Well both your version numbers are higher than the ones on my H3...
Kinda seems like leaning toward
not being an update version number
but maybe a complete factory reset.

Like HomeMedia code is good 'new' but becomes buggy with use.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Or they fixed in U348 and then broke it again in U349 !! :p

I'm not resetting my DVR just to resolve this though.... I'll use my Roku and the Plex client on it.

Hopper2 here with U234. Same issue. After selecting movie and starting, the load animation plays as if the movie will be full screen, then the video jumps to the upper mini window as if the guide were still on the screen. (To be clear, there is no video playing behind the load animation running horizontally across the screen. As soon as the animation leaves the screen, the video starts playing in the mini window at the top right of the screen.)

Reactions: Jasper70

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)