Hook up HDTV and Basic DVR on same TV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

t0008sa

Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
I'm scheduled to get Dish Network hooked up in two weeks. I have an HDTV in upstairs and a regular TV downstairs. I want to be able to get HD programming on the HDTV (free for the first six months, right?) and also record in "regular" mode. (Don't want to pay the $250 upgrade for HD/DVR.)

So the idea is to have the HD receiver and the 625 receiver/DVR upstairs. I would have to have some kind of switcher to go between the two units, right? The TV downstairs would get its signal from the 625. So in the end I can watch HDTV when I want to using the HD receiver. Then, I can switch over to the 625 and watch regular TV on both TVs, as well as record another channel on both TVs.

Has anyone else tried this? Am I on the right track?

Thanks!

you can do what your asking, its done all the time and you wont need anything special, all you have to do is run the tv1 output from the 625 to the 8vsb antenna port on the back of the 811 receiver that they are going to put in, you can also run the output to the coax input on the back of your hd tv set or use the rca's and run them to an rca input on the tv. Make sure that you have a telephone jack near the tv that can have a phone line run to it easily as the 625 requires one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts