hook up xbox 360 to dish

dlh1435

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
Does anyone know if the xbox 360 dvr will work with dish?I like to use both the 360 and dish dvr.

dlh1435 said:
Does anyone know if the xbox 360 dvr will work with dish?I like to use both the 360 and dish dvr.

The Xbox360 isn't a DVR It's a video game system. Do you mean will they both connect to your TV? It depends on what connections you have available.

More info please.

Sam

What I think he's trying to say is.. Will Windows Media Center Edition 2005 (which is what the XBOX 360 uses to stream video) work with the Dish Network DVR Receiver..

In a nutshell, would he be able to hook up his computer to his Dish DVR and pull in channels off the receiver box.

\h3x said:
What I think he's trying to say is.. Will Windows Media Center Edition 2005 (which is what the XBOX 360 uses to stream video) work with the Dish Network DVR Receiver..

In a nutshell, would he be able to hook up his computer to his Dish DVR and pull in channels off the receiver box.

I dont think he's askin that.. if he is... the answer is no..

It only works if you have MediaCenter2005 installed with tv tuner. Then you can stream from your pc to the 360 and change channels and record.

tawhite said:
And that will work with a dish box but will only be in SD as MCE currently only supports OTA HD.

I'm actually testing beta drivers for MS Vista Premium with a Comcast cablecard which slides into a pcmcia type pci-e slot card. Right now the DRM is a pain. Hopefully MS releases a 360 update for Vista once it's released so we can stream regular HD. The wired part is Vista can see all 3x360's on my network but the 360 don't see the pc.

roachxp said:
I'm actually testing beta drivers for MS Vista Premium with a Comcast cablecard which slides into a pcmcia type pci-e slot card. Right now the DRM is a pain. Hopefully MS releases a 360 update for Vista once it's released so we can stream regular HD. The wired part is Vista can see all 3x360's on my network but the 360 don't see the pc.
I've been waiting on assembling an HTPC and purchasing an Xbox 360 until the release of Vista... I was hoping everything would be communicating effectively. Sounds like it may be awhile though :(

Allin4greeN said:
I've been waiting on assembling an HTPC and purchasing an Xbox 360 until the release of Vista... I was hoping everything would be communicating effectively. Sounds like it may be awhile though :(

it probebly would need an update from xbox live to see the vista pc's once they get that going ;)

There had been an announcement that DirecTV programming would be able to be pulled into the 360 at a future date, but it isn't ready yet....

how can i hook up my xbox to my computer through my dish network receiver??

I dont think he's askin that.. if he is... the answer is no..
i've been trying to hook my xbox 360 up to my tv through my dish network receiver and i cant seem to get it to work and i was wondering if there is way to do that??

DISH Network receivers don't have any video inputs. So no, you can not hook up an Xbox through your DISH Network receiver

Gonna have to hook up the xbox directly to the TV, or through something else like a VCR/DVD player

actually i meant cable box and how can i hook it up

If you want to connect to a cable box, you have stumbled into, and hijacked, the WRONG forum.

This particular forum is titled The Dish Network Forum and deals with Dish Network satellite TV equipment, not cable equipment.

You need to find a forum that deals with the brand of cable box you have!

The DISH Network receiver (cable box) does not have any video inputs, and will not act as a passthrough for any device.

The DISH Network cable box, and Xbox will need to be hooked up separately to the TV

Our receivers are not like a VCR or DVD player that has video INPUTS and OUPUTS. On the DISH Network receiver, they are only OUTPUTS for video from the receiver, to the TV

Those are all outputs. The only inputs on Dish Network receivers are the UHF remote antenna input, one or two satellite tuners, and 0, 1, or 2 ATSC tuner inputs. On old Dish Network receivers there was an NTSC antenna passthrough which was passed to the home distribution RF output when the receiver was off. Don't know if that is still done (but I doubt it).

Edit: Of course Matt beat me to it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)