Hooking up 3 homes,3 dishes and multiple rec

cbinak

Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
I live in Alaska, where we live we need 6' dishes to get a strong signal. I am trying to get a setup with 3 friends ( we live about 250' apart each way) to get three satellites(110,119,and 129).I have 3-722 receivers,2-211 receivers,and 1-625 receiver. One friend has 1-722,2-301's and the other has 2-211 receivers. I have dp single lnb going to dp34 and a dp33. What would I need to get us all setup for reception ? Dual dp lnb's, dp44's , signal boosters ,and or dp21's? Thanks for any help .

I live in Alaska, where we live we need 6' dishes to get a strong signal. I am trying to get a setup with 3 friends ( we live about 250' apart each way) to get three satellites(110,119,and 129).I have 3-722 receivers,2-211 receivers,and 1-625 receiver. One friend has 1-722,2-301's and the other has 2-211 receivers. I have dp single lnb going to dp34 and a dp33. What would I need to get us all setup for reception ? Dual dp lnb's, dp44's , signal boosters ,and or dp21's? Thanks for any help .
I assume you are going to setup 3 accounts on 3 six foot dishes all dishes located in one spot and cables split to the 3 locations. The 301 will need replacement it is being replaced. Your going to need 16 tuners connected. I would suggest hiring an installer familiar with your area.

I would add a DPP44 at the head of your existing chain, like so: DPP44 -> DP34 -> DP33. This is a minimum configuration to feed that many dual and solo receivers, with no room for expansion. :( 250' is a tad long for DP/DPP cables, though I think I've heard of people on this board doing it successfully for years using RG6. RG11 has lower loss, if you can afford it. Or add amps with which I have no experience.

I could be wrong, I doubt an installer will set up three houses on the same dishes even if they start out with three accounts. Too easy to drop two accounts and spread remaining receivers. (Maybe it's common in Alaska?) Thus the questions on doing it themselves. (I'm not saying it is their intent to drop accounts, just that Dish would see it as too easy a possibility) Cbinak I think you have a pretty good start on what you need judging from your post though will probably need a DPP44.

(That I now see theKrell mentioned)

I suspect this is not uncommon in AK.

OP- Please let us know how it works out.

Sharing dishes (separate accounts) is very common in AK. Probably half the dishes in my town are shared, not only because of size/expense, but mainly because of LOS. Dodging around trees, hills, mountains, aiming at something very low on the horizon....the things we do for TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)