Hooking Up Dish 119,110, and 61.5

cash

Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
I have two dishes on the roof. One is dish 500 with a twin LNB and a dish 300 with a single LNB. I also have a DP34 switch and im trying to hook up 119,110 and 61.5 but it is not working. All im getting is the following:

Input: 1 2 3

Satellite: Conn X 61.5
Polarity: X X X
Device: Twin N.C. N.C.

How can i get all 3 of these to work? and if not all three, then how can i get 119 and 110 to work?

Please help, Thanks

i can get 110 and 119 if i dont hook it up to the DP34 switch but when i hook it up to the DP34 switch i only get 119 and 61.5. heres wht it says:

Satellite:119 X 61.5
Polarity: All X All
Device: Twin N.C. Dual

What do i need to do to get all 3 birds working?
Thanks

110 need to receive an acceptable signal strength. Also, you may have 119 via the 110 lnb. You should first make sure if this is or is not the case. Remove the switch and see if you are getting 119 through the right lnb. If you are then it is probably your skew is off. If you are getting 119 through the 110 lnb, then you need to reaim your dish about 9 degrees.

my lnb is a DP twin. i only have to hook it up on one side not both. so when i dont use the switch i get my 110 and 119 both but when i use the switch i only get 119 and 61.5, i dont get 110.

i can get 110 and 119 if i dont hook it up to the DP34 switch but when i hook it up to the DP34 switch i only get 119 and 61.5. heres wht it says:

Thanks

service call, let a tech fix it

Thanks

If you are going to use an external switch, you have to have a line coming from the LNBs for EACH satellite.

Run another line from the Twin to the Switch.

I have tried that i had two running from the twin and one running from the single lnb which is the 61.5 but it only reads 119 and 61.5 it doesnt show 110.

If you have done everything you have said you have done (including running that other wire to the switch from the Twin) you my friend, have a bad port (or 2) on your 34 Switch. Not exactly uncommon.

N.C. has nothing to do with signal... it stands for No Connection.... meaning it is not even seeing the LNB through the switch.

I have tried that i had two running from the twin and one running from the single lnb which is the 61.5 but it only reads 119 and 61.5 it doesnt show 110.

Cash,

If in the past you did not use a Separate switch then your 61.5 Dish is connected into the TWIN LNBF on your Dish for 119 and 110.

The only way to modify your installation so a separate DP34 switch will function to give you all three orbital slots for your installation, is if you run One Cable Each from Port #1 and Port #2 from your TWIN LNBF to your new DP34 Switch, now disconnect the Cable from your 61.5 that feeds into the TWIN LNBF and run that cable directly to Port #3 of the DP34 Switch.

Assuming you were getting a signal from all Three orbital slots before the installation of the DP34 all you need do is run a Check switch on any and all receivers. Remember you can NOT use a Dish Pro Plus Separator with a DP34 switch, you are required to connect a separate Cable Feed from your DP34 to each and every Satellite Tuner input on any and all receivers in your home.

John

Cash,

If in the past you did not use a Separate switch then your 61.5 Dish is connected into the TWIN LNBF on your Dish for 119 and 110.

The only way to modify your installation so a separate DP34 switch will function to give you all three orbital slots for your installation, is if you run One Cable Each from Port #1 and Port #2 from your TWIN LNBF to your new DP34 Switch, now disconnect the Cable from your 61.5 that feeds into the TWIN LNBF and run that cable directly to Port #3 of the DP34 Switch.

Assuming you were getting a signal from all Three orbital slots before the installation of the DP34 all you need do is run a Check switch on any and all receivers. Remember you can NOT use a Dish Pro Plus Separator with a DP34 switch, you are required to connect a separate Cable Feed from your DP34 to each and every Satellite Tuner input on any and all receivers in your home.

John

He said it was a Dish Pro Twin... those don't have Input ports....

I'd put an aluminum foil cap over the 110?LNB feedhorn and try aiming the Dish 500 again. I have this configuration, so I know it works (you can look at my gallery to see pictures of the configuration).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)