Hooking Up In-Wall Speakers

basketcase

Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
My Samsung #LN-40A550 LCD 40" TV has some terrible built in speakers. The audio sounds like it's being transferred through a 1" dia. pipe. I've ordered two(2) Yamaha In-wall speaker system to replace the TV ones. The speakers don't come with any wiring(cables) to hook up to the TV. I could go to Radio Shack and get the necessary wiring, but, how and where does the wiring/cables hook to the TV? Also, would I have to undo the speakers in the TV? Also, what is the best wiring/cabes connections would I need?

Thanks for the information.

To get the best sound you will need to get a home theater system and use the optical digital output. Going this route you can add 5.1 surround sound to the system.

The only other audio output I see speced for this set is the headphone output. I don't think you will get very good sound using that.

You should go to AVS forums for your particular set. Not a Dish Network issue.

Yes, you should definitely ask this in the A/V Receivers, Amplifiers and Speakers forum. However, I will still ask you the exact model # of your in-wall setup. Did you buy a receiver or amplifier? The speakers need something between them and your receiver or TV. Are you doing surround sound or stereo?

All of the above are questions I would ask before assisting you with the in-wall stuff.

Mods, could we move this?

Looked at the specs, and I agree with the others. There are no external speaker outputs on this set. In addition, I think you would be disappointed with the sound quality of the internal amplifiers.

Even if you were willing to disassemble the set and bring out the speaker output wires, a 15 watt amplifier probably won't have enough power to drive your in-wall units.

You really might want to consider cancelling the in-wall units and going with a soundbar. Soundbars are designed to connect to the bottom of the TV and provide an all in one solution for left, right, center. Many have wireless subwoofers and some can also support wireless rear speakers.

Here are a couple of links to places that carry these. I really think this could be your solution.

Speaker Bars for Sale: Deals Abound
Amazon.com: soundbars
Sound Bar Speaker Solutions at Crutchfield.com

My Samsung #LN-40A550 LCD 40" TV has some terrible built in speakers. The audio sounds like it's being transferred through a 1" dia. pipe. I've ordered two(2) Yamaha In-wall speaker system to replace the TV ones. The speakers don't come with any wiring(cables) to hook up to the TV. I could go to Radio Shack and get the necessary wiring, but, how and where does the wiring/cables hook to the TV? Also, would I have to undo the speakers in the TV? Also, what is the best wiring/cabes connections would I need?

Thanks for the information.
If I am understanding your issue, you'll need a tuner/amplifier to drive those speakers. I do not believe the tv can do the job..

Do you know of any that can support wireless rear speakers off-hand?

No, I take it back. I was thinking of the simple to install HTIB setups from panasonic and Sony. The soundbars all push "virtual surround" where they use delays and bouncing off the side walls and ceilings to give the effect of rear speakers. Might be good for the OP, who never mentioned surround.

Local channels network feeds squished

I, like many of you...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts