Hooking up more than 4 TVs with Dish Network

cam1

Original poster
Nov 27, 2008
I'm looking to switch from cable to Dish Network. All they offer when I call is upto 4 TVs. I've seen the splitters DP34 I think, that let you physically connect more. Can someone tell me how that works? Do I need two dishes and do I have to pay for two services? It's my understanding that I can't just buy another box off eBay and plug it in, it has to be programmed to my account. Will Dish Network add boxes to the account to support more than 4 TVs and any idea on cost? I'm just tired of Comcast and would like to move to Dish Network.

DISH only allows the lease of 4 Tuners, they don't restrict you to 4 TVs. Additional tuners you have to buy at retail prices and pay for installation and switches. You can go to a maximum of 6 receivers on one account so with 6 dual tuner receivers you can have 12 TVs with independent channel selection. In most cases you only need 1 dish but some programming choices may require a second dish. Your best answer maybe to talk to DISH Network with you programming requirements.

Thanks. Each additional receiver has to be activated and paid for right? You can't just buy it and plug it in and expect it to work or can you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts