Hooking up new Dish 1000 and VIP 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zkm0834

Original poster
Apr 17, 2006
This is my current setup which was done last Saturday, I upgraded to a 622 from a 921:

Dish 1000 - Dual and single LNB
DP34 Switch on it
Have fours leads coming off it into the house
Three boxes in house - VIP622, two 301s

My question - Can I trunk the current DP34 to another DP34 to hook up another box - it is my old 921?

I ask this because the installer couldn't get two DP34s trunked together to work with one another. When we tried to config the switch during setup it failed.

Only running two additional lines into the house fixed the issue, but I want to hookup my 921 in place of one of my 301s.

Thanks

If you had told them your desired configuration (2 dual tuners, one or two single tuners), Dish would have been on the hook to install a DPP44 switch. Try calling back and getting the DPP44, and that would be all you'd need.

Is the DPP44 the only solution then to this issue? I already have the 2nd DP34, it can't be used?

Thanks again

The tech tried that but while trying to config the switch to the bo:mad:622+301) it failed everytime.

It sounds like right now the DP Dual is feeding the DPP Twin and then feeding the two receivers. You need to run a single cable run from each satellite feed to the DP34. One for 119, one for 110 and one for 129. As far as I can tell you only need 4 tuners (2 for the 622, one for the 301 and one for the 921), so only one DP34 is needed.

Currently he has one cable run to the DP34. But when a seperator was used it failed during the switch config. When the seperator was used the first sat showed all three sats, the second connection only showed one sat. He also tried another seperator from his truck, same thing.

He called his boss who told him to run two new lines, his boss told him that you can't use two DP34s with a Dish 1000.

I still belive that I should be able to connect the two DP34s together (trunk) and that should work without any issues.

If push comes to shove I will call Dish Support.

Thanks,

zkm0834 said:
Currently he has one cable run to the DP34. But when a seperator was used it failed during the switch config. When the seperator was used the first sat showed all three sats, the second connection only showed one sat. He also tried another seperator from his truck, same thing.

He called his boss who told him to run two new lines, his boss told him that you can't use two DP34s with a Dish 1000.

I still belive that I should be able to connect the two DP34s together (trunk) and that should work without any issues.

If push comes to shove I will call Dish Support.

Thanks,

Separators only work with DPP technology, DPP Twin Lnb or DPP44 switch. You can't use a separator with a DP34, you will need two cable runs for the 622.

And like I said, you need a cable run from the LNBs to the DP34 for each satellite feed (3 cable runs).

RandallA said:
It sounds like right now the DP Dual is feeding the DPP Twin and then feeding the two receivers. You need to run a single cable run from each satellite feed to the DP34. One for 119, one for 110 and one for 129. As far as I can tell you only need 4 tuners (2 for the 622, one for the 301 and one for the 921), so only one DP34 is needed.
I think the 921 is a dual tuner, so that would make 5 cables (6 if he wants the other single), and the 2nd DP34 (or a DPP44) would be required.

I've contacted Dish Tech support, it appears they will issue a work order to replace the DP34 with a DPP44.

This will allow me to use a seperator on both the 622 + 921 and have a third line for the last 301 plus a spare line for future forth receiver. Currently I have four lines coming inot my house. (Unless I'm stating this incorrectly)

Thanks for all your help, it has improved my knowledge!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts