Hooking up OTA antenna and VCR to 301

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
I sold my HDTV and now have my 811 hooked up to my 32" analog TV, along with my VCR and OTA antenna. I'm trying to decide if I should sell my 811, and use my 301 that I have packed away now. I lease a second 811 that I have hooked up to my projector. Or keep my 811 and send back the leased 811. Any suggestions? If I use the 301, what is the best way to hook up the OTA antenna and VCR? I don't remember if the 301 has an input for OTA antenna. Thanks.

Sell the 811 you own, use the leased one instead, if the leased one breaks your only out $14.95 to replace it as compared to buying another one.

Van, I need to keep one 811 hooked up to my projector. So that means I would need to hook up the 301 to my analog TV. How should I hook up the 301 with my stereo VCR and OTA antenna? I see where the sat. cable in, and antenna cable in goes on 301. Where does the "TV Set Out" connection on the 301 go to? What goes from 301 to VCR, and what goes from VCR to TV?
Thanks, the manual doesn't cover this.

The 301 won't give you digital OTA or analog. The 301 doesn't have a OTA tuner at all it will pass the signal thru to your TV.
Also it will not show any of the HD programing you have. The 811 will give you digital OTA and the HD channels down converted. I would keep the 811

Your 301 has a Sat input and an Antenna/Cable input. Your line from the dish goes into the sat input. A line from your OTA antenna goes into the Antenna/Cable input. Your TV output on the receiver goes into the input on your VCR. The output of the VCR goes to your TV.

TO get the OTA channels thru your 301 you turn the receiver off. These will not be High Def unless you have a TV with a built in High Def tuner.

Thanks guys. I want to start the Dish HD package so I can watch HD movies on my projector, but I have a question. If I keep the 811 hooked up to my analog TV, will I be able to see the HD package programming on the analog set(downconverted of course)? Will I be able to get the HD programming listings on the analog set in the 811's guide?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)