Hooking up two Wally receivers to a DISH Network Hybrid Pro Eastern Arc LNB Dish Antenna (DISH1000.3-EA)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RichR2

Original poster
Oct 17, 2022
Lewiston, NY
I purchased a DISH Network Hybrid Pro Eastern Arc LNB Dish Antenna (DISH1000.3-EA) which has two LMB and three ports. My unbderstanding was that port 1 and 2 went to receivers and the 3rd port was to connect to an additional dish to pick up another satellite.
I am trying to hook up two Wally receivers to this dish but keep getting an error when I hook up the 2nd receiver to port 2.
I set up the dish and the 1st Wally receiver by hooking it into port#1 and it worked well. I assumed that the 2nd Wally would then be connected to the 2nd port but when I did, I got the following error message.
"The Receiver is connected to wrong port of the LNB. Please connect the receiver to port 1 of the LNB." I swapped the receivers to see what would happen but got the same result, so I assume it's not the receivers.
I am wondering is a splitter/switch is needed and if so, what/which kind would I use for the Wally receivers?

Thank you

I purchased a DISH Network Hybrid Pro Eastern Arc LNB Dish Antenna (DISH1000.3-EA) which has two LMB and three ports. My unbderstanding was that port 1 and 2 went to receivers and the 3rd port was to connect to an additional dish to pick up another satellite.
I am trying to hook up two Wally receivers to this dish but keep getting an error when I hook up the 2nd receiver to port 2.
I set up the dish and the 1st Wally receiver by hooking it into port#1 and it worked well. I assumed that the 2nd Wally would then be connected to the 2nd port but when I did, I got the following error message.
"The Receiver is connected to wrong port of the LNB. Please connect the receiver to port 1 of the LNB." I swapped the receivers to see what would happen but got the same result, so I assume it's not the receivers.
I am wondering is a splitter/switch is needed and if so, what/which kind would I use for the Wally receivers?

Thank you
Yeah, the Wally is one of the few receivers (Duo and H3) that use port 1 only. So you need a channel stack splitter to get that 2nd wally going on the port 1 coax. This is purely theoretical on my part because I have never seen a Wally nor a channel stack splitter. HipKat has mentioned that those splitters are hard to come by.

Yeah, the Wally is one of the few receivers (Duo and H3) that use port 1 only. So you need a channel stack splitter to get that 2nd wally going on the port 1 coax. This is purely theoretical on my part because I have never seen a Wally nor a channel stack splitter. HipKat has mentioned that those splitters are hard to come by.
That is the correct configuration. You can buy one on Amazon

Amazon product ASIN B092Y8BWS3View: https://smile.amazon.com/Dish-Channel-Stack-4-Way-Splitter/dp/B092Y8BWS3/ref=sr_1_1?crid=305X8CTN9ENP2&keywords=dish+channel+stack+splitter&qid=1666032809&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjAwIiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=channel+stack+split%2Caps%2C133&sr=8-1

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 11.56.28 AM.png

In hopes of hooking up my two wally receivers I installed the channel stack splitter. Without the splitter I was getting a signal but as soon as I put the splitter inline, I lost all signal?
Yes, I did make sure that dish went to input and receiver went to output and actually tried different output ports on the splitter.

In hopes of hooking up my two wally receivers I installed the channel stack splitter. Without the splitter I was getting a signal but as soon as I put the splitter inline, I lost all signal?
Yes, I did make sure that dish went to input and receiver went to output and actually tried different output ports on the splitter.
Just to be sure, you did go from port 1 at the dish to the in on the splitter?

Just to be sure, you did go from port 1 at the dish to the in on the splitter?
Yes. Port #1 from LNB to Input of splitter. Then from Output of splitter to wally.
I have been reading and wonder if I also need a DPH42 Switch? And if so would I also need a power inserter?

Attachments

• DPH42.JPG
    DPH42.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 244
Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes. Port #1 from LNB to Input of splitter. Then from Output of splitter to wally.
I have been reading and wonder if I also need a DPH42 Switch? And if so would I also need a power inserter?
Usually the switch is unnecessary, other members have had success using the DPH LNBF's. I will mention that the Out port labeled DC pass on the splitter needs to be the first one to be hooked up and always have a powered Wally attached, since it's the one that provides power to the LNB. Also, only one Wally can be setup at a time, so you shouldn't try connecting any additional Wally's until you have the primary working.

If these steps don't help, the next thing I would check is the distance or quality of the coax cable, I believe you can't have more then 200ft between LNB and each Wally.

Usually the switch is unnecessary, other members have had success using the DPH LNBF's. I will mention that the Out port labeled DC pass on the splitter needs to be the first one to be hooked up and always have a powered Wally attached, since it's the one that provides power to the LNB. Also, only one Wally can be setup at a time, so you shouldn't try connecting any additional Wally's until you have the primary working.

If these steps don't help, the next thing I would check is the distance or quality of the coax cable, I believe you can't have more then 200ft between LNB and each Wally.
My cable was only 8' as I had the wally and tv right at the dish trying to troubleshoot.
When I was hooking up the splitter and having issues, I looked at it to see if any of the outputs were different and never saw the "DC PASS" label. While I did try different output ports, I'm pretty sure I didn't try that one as I think I was only trying the ports on the other side. If that's the case, I'm sure that's where the trouble is because the LNB wasn't getting any power with the wally hooked to the other ports. Damn eyesight getting bad with old age might have gotten me again.