Hooper 3 BUG: Manual Timer Creation is Broken

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

avion

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Chicagoland
So, I am trying to create a manual timer to record channel 613 every Thursday between 7:40PM and 9:40PM.

I select channel 613.
Select Weekly.
Select Thursday.
Enter the time range.
Select Create.

Going back to timer list and edit the timer. Recording day is set to Friday. What? I change it to back to Thursday and save. Edit it again and now the day is set to Sunday. What the heck is going on?

Eventually I managed to create the timer for Thursday by trial and error. Selected Tuesday and lo and behold it is now set to Thursday.

One more annoying bug and this time Dish cannot blame incorrect guide since it is a manual timer.

Reactions: pattykay
So, I am trying to create a manual timer to record channel 613 every Thursday between 7:40PM and 9:40PM.

I select channel 613.
Select Weekly.
Select Thursday.
Enter the time range.
Select Create.

Going back to timer list and edit the timer. Recording day is set to Friday. What? I change it to back to Thursday and save. Edit it again and now the day is set to Sunday. What the heck is going on?

Eventually I managed to create the timer for Thursday by trial and error. Selected Tuesday and lo and behold it is now set to Thursday.

One more annoying bug and this time Dish cannot blame incorrect guide since it is a manual timer.

I select channel 613.
Select Weekly.
Select Thursday.
Enter the time range.
Select Create.

Cut/Paste from an old thread, give it a try, it actually works correctly just does not update the screen as it should .

xfoneguy said: ?
I'm trying to create a manual timer ....... it appears (unless I'm doing something wrong and there's a first time for everything! LOL) that there are only a limited number of dates available to choose from, typically all in the last week of the month. Anyone else notice this?
Sorry to bump an old thread but I discovered the workaround for this. I just got my Hopper yesterday and was playing around with the manual timers. For a one time timer the date comes up with the current day when you press "Select" . For example today Aug 1 it comes up with 1 highlighted. Press the right arrow key (count them). if your pressed it 15 times then press select you will be on Aug 16 for a date. I think it also rolls over to the next month. If you go too far the LeftArrow key will go back a day at a time.

#15 GravelChan, Aug 1, 2017

Definitely broken. I created a manual timer to record the news at 5 PM every day. It always started recording at 5:02 PM. Tried to change the start time to 4:58 PM to compensate but then after saving, it showed up as 6-7 PM. Never could get it to work right so I gave up.

Reactions: pattykay
I created one today exactly for 5:00pm and ending at 6:00pm and it worked like a charm. But it was for once only. I also have a reoccurring manual timer for Svengollie movie of the week that plays each Saturday on the ota Metv channel. Works every week and has for months.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)