Hooper still not working

ashecnc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
Asheville, NC
I'll try to be brief, I have the Hooper, I have had this for a year. As of a month ago, I was very happy with the features it had. Starting 4 weeks ago, I would come home, turn on tv system etc, and the channel it is on will be frozen on the screen. Sometime between 10-3 pm. Remote doesn't work, nothing, have to do a reset, then it worked again. A tech came out, said dish was showing wacky readings, changed dish out. In about 2 days, it was freezing again. I called Dish, they sent me a replacement Hopper. It worked for 6 days, now the hard drive is totally messed up. I can only watch live TV, and it freezes. I can't use the DVR part at all, if I do, I can watch 30 seconds, then it freezes 30 seconds, over and over. The other two TVs are worthless because the Joeys are on delay I think from the DVR, so it plays 30 seconds, freezes 30 seconds, remote takes 30 seconds to respond. I told Dish, please send someone here and replacement this unit, not later or days with a refurbished unit, which was junk. So I have another one coming, but today I called one final time, to state that I should have a zero balance, since I haven't seen or watched anything for 4 weeks, they gave me a credit for 40.00. Someone is coming Wednesday only after I said I was cancelling, why pay for something I can't use or see? They keep offering me free Showtime, etc etc, I finally had to talk loud and say, that's great, but how is this going to help me????? The Hooper will not play, so giving me every channel in the world sounds nice, but I have to see it to like it! Thats my rant, never had this happen, so far its not leaving a good taste in my mouth, and I've been a customer for years.

You need to get all the freebies you can get since you have them over the barrel with pending cancellation threats. Then make them fix the damn thing if they have to start over with new nodes , cables , dishes and of course new hopper. That is the only way to eliminate the possible things that could cause these freezes. If it still is screwed up,then I would cancel and get all money back I could. Sorry that your having so many problems with your hopper setup.

You have exactly the same post in the DISH Forum could a moderator combine the two?
Also if you have had the equipment for a year you should know you have a HOPPER not a hooper.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Where is the Hopper located, could it be overheating?

Hopper must be in free open air - they run hot and need good ventilation.

Place a small fan to pull air out of the right side of the receiver case.

Hopper with VIP 772k: is it possible

ViP 222k receiver problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)