hoper 3 - where is 4K ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Don_23805

Original poster
Oct 28, 2022
So Prince George, VA
"similar threads" seem to go back 5-10 years. Just got Dish service this week and noticed that the crisp video of my Fire Stick service was absent on Dish. I'm on the America's Top 120 plan. The channel lineup lists almost everything as SD and HD. When I google Dish 4k, it says that my Hopper 3 is 4K capable. Where is the 4K content? Going back to 1K HD from 4K is awful. TIA
Don

The only satellite 4K I know about are sports. There's a thread around here that lists what's on.

The rest is streaming.

Reactions: charlesrshell
if you joined Dish looking for 4K programming, you made a mistake
the lack of this is why I haven't upgraded my HWS to Hopper 3
I was going to move up to the Hopper + system, but apparently that has major flaws at this time

You need to watch events on channel 540-01 and 540-02. Dish is broadcasting the baseball World Series in 4K HDR. Plus I get to watch my Ohio State football both last week and this week in 4K HDR. So I am pleased with Dish’s 4K. I have also watched 4K movies on Netflix and Amazon Prime on my Dish Hopper3.
The only problem I have encountered is that the Epix 4K on Demand content will only play in 1080i. I have not been able to get any of the 4K Epix content to play in 4K. The other 4K content all work fine.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts