Joey 4 not turning on

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
This might have been answered before so sorry in advance:

One of my new Joey 4s is having an issue. Whenever I turn my TV on the screen is black. I try to turn the Joey on or change channel and nothing happens. If I turn the TV off and then on again I’d say once out of every 3 times the main menu will be on the screen. If I remove the HDMI from the back of the Joey and put it back in the screen pops up immediately. Like I said, none of my other Joeys have this problem. Any idea on how to fix this?

Reactions: charlesrshell

One of my new Joey 4s is having an issue. Whenever I turn my TV on the screen is black. I try to turn the Joey on or change channel and nothing happens. If I turn the TV off and then on again I’d say once out of every 3 times the main menu will be on the screen. If I remove the HDMI from the back of the Joey and put it back in the screen pops up immediately. Like I said, none of my other Joeys have this problem. Any idea on how to fix this?
I have same issue for my J4s and WJ4s occasionally. Doing a re-boot brings back the TV picture.

Prior to the Android equipment, pressing the SAT button would bring A/V. On Android boxes, this functionality is now utilized by the Home button. Try pressing and releasing that.

Prior to the Android equipment, pressing the SAT button would bring A/V. On Android boxes, this functionality is now utilized by the Home button. Try pressing and releasing that.
Most of the time if pressing the Home button does bring up anything it's not live TV. I can get to the re-boot selection. If nothing happens pressing the Home button, have to do a pull the cord reset.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I have same issue for my J4s and WJ4s occasionally. Doing a re-boot brings back the TV picture.

Are you still having problems with the Joey 4 clients even with the Hopper+ disconnected?
I am still waiting to get a Joey 4 for my basement TV to replace Dish Anywhere. But I plan to wait until the problems are resolved. I could live with slow response on the remote but not turning on and requiring you to pull the plug is not acceptable. I am still not interested in the Hopper+.
My two Hopper3 receivers and my Joey3 work well with no problems.

Are you still having problems with the Joey 4 clients even with the Hopper+ disconnected?
I am still waiting to get a Joey 4 for my basement TV to replace Dish Anywhere. But I plan to wait until the problems are resolved. I could live with slow response on the remote but not turning on and requiring you to pull the plug is not acceptable. I am still not interested in the Hopper+.
Yep, problem is still there after I removed the H+.

I thought things were going good until one of my Joey 4.0 unlinked from the Hopper. Power cycled everything several times. Even factory reset the Joey 4.0 and refuses to link. Strong MOCA signal new coax on a very short run. Tech is coming out Wednesday (I am busy until then) I will try Dish again in the morning. Meanwhile I will swap it out with the other Joey I do not use as much and see if by chance the location changes things.

I thought things were going good until one of my Joey 4.0 unlinked from the Hopper. Power cycled everything several times. Even factory reset the Joey 4.0 and refuses to link. Strong MOCA signal new coax on a very short run. Tech is coming out Wednesday (I am busy until then) I will try Dish again in the morning. Meanwhile I will swap it out with the other Joey I do not use as much and see if by chance the location changes things.
I had one J4 do the same thing. DISH CSR couldn't get it going. Next day called DISH again and this time they got her working so canx tech visit. You never know.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Latest posts