Hopper 2 and Winegard SK1000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ckcrouse

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Florida
I had my 722 reciver replaced with hopper 2 in my motorhome, Dish installed a dish in the yard pointed 61.5 and 72.7 all works well. Now when I change the antenna lead to use my winegard on roof it does not work. I have a hybrid solo node (203952) that Dish installed on the east arc antenna in the yard. Do I need this on my setup? If so exactly how is it all connected? Thanks

I do switch check every time I change antennas it finds all three sats on western arc with good readings.

You need a Solo Node (NOT a hybrid Solo Hub) installed on the Trav'ler. It connects to 2 ports on the LNB and the Host output goes to the H2. The remaining client port gets a terminator. This diagram shows the setup for both a Trav'ler and a tripod mounted dish:

https://rvseniormoments.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/105_dish_singletv_hopper_hd_single_rg6720dpi.jpg

I do switch check every time I change antennas it finds all three sats on western arc with good readings.
I found that just switching from a Hybrid LNBF to a DPH-42 Switch I needed to do a reset on the Hopper, not just a Switch Check. Some may not see that but my Hopper is always on so a Power-On Reset does not happen when I setup.

I found that just switching from a Hybrid LNBF to a DPH-42 Switch I needed to do a reset on the Hopper, not just a Switch Check. Some may not see that but my Hopper is always on so a Power-On Reset does not happen when I setup.

He has a Hopper2, no DPH-42 needed, just a Solo Node for the Trav'ler's DPP LNB.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Don't read anymore into what I said than extreme switching between Switch types sometimes need more than a Switch Check to get the Switch properly identified. Hence the need for a Reset.

I mentioned hardware only as example of extreme Switch type change.

Reactions: NYDutch
Don't read anymore into what I said than extreme switching between Switch types sometimes need more than a Switch Check to get the Switch properly identified. Hence the need for a Reset.

I mentioned hardware only as example of extreme Switch type change.

I understand... I just didn't want the OP to think he might need a DPH-42 to finish his Trav'ler setup.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The last time i checked the winegard SK1000 does not support the eastern arc satellites. You can manually lock the 61.5 sat but not both. Th LNB on the Sk1100 is for 110, 119,129 sats.

The last time i checked the winegard SK1000 does not support the eastern arc satellites. You can manually lock the 61.5 sat but not both. Th LNB on the Sk1100 is for 110, 119,129 sats.
That's correct. There is no Trav'ler model for the full Dish eastern arc sat set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)