Hopper 2 is now available

secfreak

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
pa/nj
called on saturday as im leaving directv tv having the hopper 2 installed today. let see how it really is........... :D since Bell footprint changed i tried directv for awhile and the hoppper 2 looks wild

I'd rather have 2 (or 3 in my case ;) ) three-tuner Hoppers than one five-tuner HR34. Twice (or 3 ;) ) times as much HDD space, redundancy in case a receiver fails, not to mention that you can add OTA tuners that don't take up sat tuners while in use (unlike HR34) and also use PTAT (also unlike HR34.)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I'd rather have 2 (or 3 in my case ;) ) three-tuner Hoppers than one five-tuner HR34. Twice (or 3 ;) ) times as much HDD space, redundancy in case a receiver fails, not to mention that you can add OTA tuners that don't take up sat tuners while in use (unlike HR34) and also use PTAT (also unlike HR34.)

Agreed!

I agree on the redundancy standpoint, and one reason I have two hoppers as well.

Question about the HR though, did I understand you correctly? If you are using the OTA modul it takes up a sat tuner when you use it? Giving you a max of five tuners whether you have OTA or not?

I agree on the redundancy standpoint, and one reason I have two hoppers as well.

Question about the HR though, did I understand you correctly? If you are using the OTA modul it takes up a sat tuner when you use it? Giving you a max of five tuners whether you have OTA or not?

Yep, no matter what you do, the Genie only allows for 5 tuners at any given time. Just like the HR20 did back when that one was new. It had 2 SAT and 2 OTA tuners and it was 'take your pick' of two at a time. Seemed dumb at the time, still does. :)

Yep, no matter what you do, the Genie only allows for 5 tuners at any given time. Just like the HR20 did back when that one was new. It had 2 SAT and 2 OTA tuners and it was 'take your pick' of two at a time. Seemed dumb at the time, still does. :)
I had forgotten that from when I had the HR, and just assumed that was not the case anymore. Makes little sense to me to have it that way.

Now that's what I call living high on the hog!To be honest though,it would take 3 hoppers and one joey to satisfy our family.

I'm pretty sure you could purchase it the day it launched. I'm not sure if local retailers have them available for sale but I believe you can purchase them from Dish directly.

OK, thanks. I kinda would rather wait till the retailers/on line sellers have them available. Usually a better price.

I have 6 tuners. My 722k has four and my 211K w/ eHD has two. Why would I change to a Hopper and settle for three tuners.

Plus, I can skip commercials and not worry about the law suit.

I know the hopper 1.0 is getting a software update soon to fix stability issues. I have the first one and although I'd love to upgrade to the new one, my guess is at the next ces Dish will reveal another updated hopper perhaps with a better fan , more ram and possibly more tuners. Plus next year ill have more wiggle room since ill be near the end of my 2 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts