Hopper 2000 Initial Download Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Don_Adams_Satellite

Original poster
Apr 28, 2014
NorCal
Hello,

I am a Dish/DirecTV installer and lately I have found that almost every Hopper2000 (without sling) that I download is getting stuck on the initial Check Switch screen that occurs after the first software download. It seems like after a few soft resets it will eventually go to a blank screen, from which I can then put the hopper in standby mode, turn it back on, and then I will see the activation screen. Anyone know what is going on, or another workaround?

No idea havent had to install a hopper 2000 in a long time like months, every hopper install I do any more is hoppers with sling.

I know with hoppers you do not want to activate it until it gets to the activation screen, I dont know why but if you activate first it makes the download update process really slow.

I have never had the problem with the Hopper W/ Sling, only on the original model. Here's the process: The receiver starts up and performs an initial check switch test, and does so pretty quick. The receiver then goes to 015 and acquires signal. After that, I link the remote and name the location (I usually skip linking the remote, since I download the hopper at the shop before I take them to the customer's house). After the SW download the receiver reboots and then starts another check switch test. This is where they have been getting stuck for the last month. I don't know what it is. I left one on to see how long it would stay like that, and it was like that for three hours before I rebooted it. After I reboot the receiver, it goes to several "Starting up" screens before it settles on a blank screen. From there I can go to menu > diagnostic > Point Dish - but there are no values available for any of the satellite/transponder/tuner fields. There is also no way to select "test" from the check switch page. If I power off the receiver and then power it back on, it will then go to the next software download screen and from there I can reach the activation screen.

TL;DR - Have to reboot on the second check switch screen, and then power off/on to reach the next screen on the hopper 2000 initial download

I Have seen both hoppers "recycle" multiple times through the software update and some times it will hang up after activation, when you hear the elevator music playing or the audio from the hopper support channel playing in the back ground. I do a reset and it works.

On another note I really wish the factory would get new software builds though to cut down on the stupid long software download times.

Some thing I do now is I always get my cable runs installed or if using existing cables run configured to install the hopper and start the download process then go and secure my cable runs or bring existing cable runs up to standards.

Hello,

I am a Dish/DirecTV installer and lately I have found that almost every Hopper2000 (without sling) that I download is getting stuck on the initial Check Switch screen that occurs after the first software download. It seems like after a few soft resets it will eventually go to a blank screen, from which I can then put the hopper in standby mode, turn it back on, and then I will see the activation screen. Anyone know what is going on, or another workaround?

I don't install Hopper 2000's. I only carry HWS, and they substitute them without any probs.