Hopper 3 and Hopper 2 Question

1. I think one of the main problems is that my wife does record a lot of shows and then keeps them on the main drive and takes a while to have a day to watch them all. She’ll eventually get around to watching them and then deleting them. But, it does take some time.

2. The other problem is that we have had everything on one dvr before and she will complain about having to go through 13 different episodes of teen shows, etc before finding her stuff (I know, first world problem stuff right there).

1.) Oh, don't think you are the only one in that boat! My wife does the same thing. Can take months to get to something. Me too to a small degree, but usually find time to binge watch to get rid of older ones. We play "when you get your own house someday..." with the kids. Meaning, the parents get to keep whatever they want on the DVR and the kids are the ones to watch and purge. Or we delete if space needed (but never got to that point).

2. You won't have to worry. Just create folders and then set the timers to throw the recordings into the appropriate folder. Even saved PTAT recordings. Can make them your names or mom, dad, and so on. The main list will be nice and clean. Your wife simply will go to her folder and no clutter. Again, been through icon hell on the DVR but no more. The new interface (UI) makes the DVR list a lot nicer and without all the prior Hopper choices you have to make for displaying icons.

Exactly what happened to me. And a big part of why I'm staying with the two HWS for now.

As long as I can watch TV it wouldn't bother me. Even if it died completely I would be fine, we have enough other forms of entertainment in the house to get us by until I replaced it.

Reactions: Tron2012
I once had a hard drive go in a Hopper and it basically turned itself into a 211 so I could still watch tv.

I have had 2 drive failures, my first one on my Hopper with sling the tuner still worked and I could watch live TV, when the drive failed on my an original Hopper it wouldn't work at all. I am not sure if it is by design or I got lucky once. :)

I wish Dish would allow us to password protect a folder as well. We have a grandchild that comes over and I want to be able to password folders that he can’t access (or even better, just use the Joey to allow only access to certain folders for that Joey). That would allow me to have what I need and not to parental protect the entire Joey or hopper. I know you can set ratings. But our teen boys can watch shows that our grandson would not be able to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish Dish would allow us to password protect a folder as well.

Also thought this same thing for many years now and posted improvement suggestions to Dish many times. If they take the perspective of a family customer then there are certain things I would like to keep prying eyes from seeing without having to always enter passwords if you set the ratings too low. One example is a show on FX called Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll. No where near the level of XXX movies, but still the name is a bit much for young kids to see. :eeek Would like to have these type of things in an area that is only for parents...or grandparents!

My kids are 20 and 15 now so not a big deal as they know I have an eclectic (or weird) taste in TV shows, but I can totally see your point. Now, someone may come back with the idea that we should move those immediately to an external drive we can disconnect as the solution, but that's missing the point of (hopefully) making the Hopper a "designed around the customer" type of device.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)