hopper 3 and Joey 2s lose audio at random video keeps working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Iowainstaller2017

Original poster
Apr 21, 2017
Iowa
I got a customer with a Hopper 3 and 2 Joey 2s. All tvs will lose audio at random while they are watching them. The video keeps playing as if it is muted. I cannot remember their TV brands at the moment but they are fairly high dollar tvs. All boxes are hooked up DIRECTLY to each tv with HDMI cables and there is NO surround sound or sound bars being used. It is getting worse and the bedroom tv with a joey 2 did it 12 times the other night. They claim that if they walk away the audio will come back on it's own but sometimes it takes several minutes. Sometimes I think they turn TV off and back on to correct. I already switched out the hybrid hub (trying easiest stuff first). Another tech thinks it is in the Hopper since it happens on every TV. They had Direct tv before I switched them, of course, and never had this problem.

On a side note I have a Hopper 3 in my house and it loses audio pretty frequently when we pause it and then restart play. This requires various things to get the audio back including turning the surround sound off and back on. Sometimes there is no audio when I start my living room system up for the first time.

My problem has nothing to do with my customers obviously but I wonder if there is an issue with these systems as my customer and I seem to share a similar problem. My joeys never lose audio though.

I got a customer with a Hopper 3 and 2 Joey 2s. All tvs will lose audio at random while they are watching them. The video keeps playing as if it is muted. I cannot remember their TV brands at the moment but they are fairly high dollar tvs. All boxes are hooked up DIRECTLY to each tv with HDMI cables and there is NO surround sound or sound bars being used. It is getting worse and the bedroom tv with a joey 2 did it 12 times the other night. They claim that if they walk away the audio will come back on it's own but sometimes it takes several minutes. Sometimes I think they turn TV off and back on to correct. I already switched out the hybrid hub (trying easiest stuff first). Another tech thinks it is in the Hopper since it happens on every TV. They had Direct tv before I switched them, of course, and never had this problem.

On a side note I have a Hopper 3 in my house and it loses audio pretty frequently when we pause it and then restart play. This requires various things to get the audio back including turning the surround sound off and back on. Sometimes there is no audio when I start my living room system up for the first time.

My problem has nothing to do with my customers obviously but I wonder if there is an issue with these systems as my customer and I seem to share a similar problem. My joeys never lose audio though.
We are having this same issue but only on the Hopper - just started a couple of weeks ago but is driving us nuts :(

and if it's helps, our sound never comes back - we're connected to a Samsung KS9600 via HDMI. Have tried replacing HDMI cable, removed optical cable, changed Dolby, disabled CEC on the Hopper. The problem persists regardless of whether we're routing sound through the receiver or directly to TV speakers. What's strange is that we're still on the old firmware from Dec but the problem has only recently started. If anyone has any suggestions, they'd be very welcome :)

Here's what my boss just found out from our Dish Rep. There is a known issue. According to whoever she talked to, there was 577 "known or reported" cases of this nationwide. The people with known issues were put on a list and they said their engineers were working on a resolve in the form of a software download. They said that the problem seemed to be from the Joey 2s more than from the Hopper itself. My customer is having problems on all tvs but just as much on the Joey 2s as the Hopper. My boss said well put "John Doe" on the list as well and we will contact her and cancel the service call tomorrow as there is evidently nothing our technician can do. So as of 2 hours ago there are now 578 people on the list lol. I did not tell her to put us on the list as mine only does it on startup occasionally and when we pause and resume playing sometimes there is no audio. Our system only acts up on the Hopper and it never loses audio while watching tv. Only sometimes when we "disrupt" tv with pausing or something like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)