Hopper 3 and number of antennas

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Abhiku

Original poster
Mar 5, 2016
Wa
How many dishes you need with hopper 3.

I have currently 722k with 1000.2 dish with 3 lnb for all the satellites including international channels.

Tech is doing the install currently saying he need to install 2nd dish as well.

My understanding was that H3 can use same antenna with new eye.

Location is in WA 98053.

Last edited:
True only for the current eastern arc hybrid lnb. The western arc hybrid looks at 3 orbitals.

Why would and how could WA be on eastern arc???
He already replaced old lnb with red dish logo on the old dish. Was told it will catch 3 satellites.

For the international channels similar dish is also installed with old hybrid lnb.

3 orbitals is western arc then. You must need 118 for internationals and your old dish was a 4 orbital 1000 plus model.

The current hybrid LNB can only see 2 satellites. A wing dish is needed for the 3rd.
You've said this twice now. The first time was in a different thread. In that thread it was pointed out to that Western Arc Hybrid LNBs are different than Eastern Arc. EA hybrid LNBs have two eyes and look at 61.5 and 72.7. WA has three eyes and look at 110, 119, and 129. I realize you are trying to be helpful but you have to understand that what configuration you may have at your house can be different than others. Most people in the EA have no need to see a third satellite. There are some that have their local channels on 77 and those would need the second dish. Nobody in WA needs that unless they have international channels on 118.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Installation is done. I did check the menu, it's receiving 4 satellites with 2 dishes. I have AT200 and international channels.
Everything is working as expected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)