Hopper 3 - any way to keep out of standby?

mnassour

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 1, 2004
The title pretty much says it all. In my ideal world :), I'd like to be able to turn off the TV with the Dish remote, but NOT have the Hopper 3 go into standby. In fact, I'd like for it to remain ON 24/7 if possible. I've burrowed through the settings but don't see anything like this. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

thanks!

Yup, just launch NetFlix, Prime or most any other app. It's a known bug that the Hopper can't tell if you are watching or not, if you're in an app. You can still watch or record anything on any of your other Joey's or DA though. But the Hopper will be locked out while it's in the app.

Just be careful, it also will override the nightly restart, guide and information downloads, until it finally build up and gives you the error code that the system is doing internal checks and will restart on you when you do start to watch.

Why would you want the Hopper to not go into standby when you are not watching TV?
Standby allows the Hooper to update the Guide and any software updates. Plus the nightly reboot tends to reduce problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts