Hopper 3 Audio Out Bug

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Wade_Garrett

Original poster
May 14, 2016
Chicago
Good morning -
With a soundbar connected via the optical cable, I noticed that all HD channels output Dolby, even when i have the Dolby passthrough turned off in the audio settings. An on site technician confirmed this issue and told me that i will have to wait for a software update for the issue to be corrected. Is there an appropriate way to report this to the Dish engineers so that it can be fixed?
My old box (722) was routed directly to the TV via HDMI and the optical cable went from the TV to the soundbar with no issues. As soon as I upgraded to the Hopper 3 no audio was passing to the soundbar under this configuration. Dish support told me i had to connect optical directly to soundbar which isn't ideal but i gave it a shot. Unfortunately, due to this Dolby output (instead of PCM) the center channel cuts out and the overall sound is horrific.

Good morning -
With a soundbar connected via the optical cable, I noticed that all HD channels output Dolby, even when i have the Dolby passthrough turned off in the audio settings. An on site technician confirmed this issue and told me that i will have to wait for a software update for the issue to be corrected. Is there an appropriate way to report this to the Dish engineers so that it can be fixed?
My old box (722) was routed directly to the TV via HDMI and the optical cable went from the TV to the soundbar with no issues. As soon as I upgraded to the Hopper 3 no audio was passing to the soundbar under this configuration. Dish support told me i had to connect optical directly to soundbar which isn't ideal but i gave it a shot. Unfortunately, due to this Dolby output (instead of PCM) the center channel cuts out and the overall sound is horrific.

Yup, have had same issue since March when I got my H3, there is no way to turn DD off. I actually first noticed it on the beta software for the HWS back in January, but since Dish wasn't officially supporting the beta I didn't report it. Since upgrading to H3 I have reported it with each software update that we've received. Hoping one day it will be fixed. And you're right, the sound is horrible. On my HWS pre beta the highest I ever had my volume on my AV receiver was 15 and that was with very loud. I now have to have it between 25-30.

edit - my set up is HDMI from Hopper to AV, then HDMI from AV to TV on both HWS and H3.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like all the same problems that I've had for ages with my HwS S529. And when you have to turn it up so loud when commercials come on your brains are mush. Audio Leveling doesn't work. Especially with network programming commercials. It looks like they're exempt. Also my speakers pop when skipping and going to and coming from any part of the UI. I have both HDMI and Optical hooked up so I can trouble shoot and they both pop and volume shifts are wild.

I did the Forced CUI, but the audio issues were there before the update. I got reverted when S529 was released and it thankfully wiped the CUI.

Thank you for the feedback. Glad to see some verification so I know I'm not nuts. So do we just play the waiting game now? I'm guessing this is something Dish is aware of, and we just have to be patient, huh?

Pretty much. It is kind of worrisome that 2-3 updates have come out and it is still not fixed, also note that only 3 or 4 of us on here have complained about it. Not sure if others aren't experiencing it or just don't care.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)