Hopper 3 AutoHop

Originally it was available one day after the recording unless a malfunction ocured. Now some shows it works the day after show was recorded, but for a lot of them it will not work until a lot longer, for many a week after the recording (Dish contracts with different TV networks specifying how many day delay before it is allowed) and sometimes it will never show up for a show (malfunction??).

So usually it works if you just wait long enough after recording the show, which is the way Dish now intends for it to work.

To be honest I much prefer the one push commercial skip Tivo provides without all the waiting of Dish..

Originally it was available one day after the recording unless a malfunction ocured. Now some shows it works the day after show was recorded, but for a lot of them it will not work until a lot longer, for many a week after the recording (Dish contracts with different TV networks specifying how many day delay before it is allowed) and sometimes it will never show up for a show (malfunction??).

So usually it works if you just wait long enough after recording the show, which is the way Dish now intends for it to work.

To be honest I much prefer the one push commercial skip Tivo provides without all the waiting of Dish..
If only TiVo had to worry about those pesky contracts.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Tivo also beats Dish in the actual skip, with Dish you still end up watching ~15 seconds of the commercials, with Tivo you get perhaps 2 seconds or less.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Tivo also beats Dish in the actual skip, with Dish you still end up watching ~15 seconds of the commercials, with Tivo you get perhaps 2 seconds or less.
You only get 15 seconds if the network is plugging one of its own shows, otherwise it is closer to 5 seconds...

Mine is usually the same. Although, as Bobby mentioned, if they are plugging one of their own, it can take some time. I have seen issues with 2 shows In particular. FBI and Manifest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)