Extra OTA channels appeared today!!

xyz38

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
Eastern NC
This afternoon my Hopper3 rebooted on its own. After the reboot there are extra channels on the locals in the channel guide.
For example the local CBS channels were 9-01, 9-02, 9-03 and 9-04. now a 9-00 has been added. That happened with all of the networks and PBS. The added channels like the (9-00) have the same programs as the 9-01 channels but only show one or two hours of programming.
When I checked the channel scan guide, have not re-scanned, these extra channels do not show in the channel list. Also an extra ION and CW channels were added

Has anyone else seen this?

Anything with the suffix-00 is satellite delivered. The rest you are getting via an OTA antenna.

Thanks for your reply,
Earlier in the day I had talked to a tech support woman about the ota loosing the signal. Apparently she turned the ota channels on without me knowing about it. Later in the day the Hopper rebooted by itself and the extra channels showed up. I called last night and told customer service about it and had them turned off. I do not know if they were going to charge me or not. I did not ask to have them turned on.

Reactions: pattykay
In addition to turning on the local channels, that I did not ask for, the tech woman turned on Showtime and Stars that I also did not ask for.
Program changes were never mentioned in the conversation. I only talked about the ota module loosing the signal sometimes. Hope they got it right when I called last night after they sent an email showing that my next bill had gone up by $35.68 and I didn't know why.
Bad support person?

In addition to turning on the local channels, that I did not ask for, the tech woman turned on Showtime and Stars that I also did not ask for.
Program changes were never mentioned in the conversation. I only talked about the ota module loosing the signal sometimes. Hope they got it right when I called last night after they sent an email showing that my next bill had gone up by $35.68 and I didn't know why.
Bad support person?

Sounds like you got a CSR who works on commission

Whenever I contact Dish CS, I always check my MyDish account online afterwards for any unintended changes. In my case, it's usually just a matter of my billing address getting changed when I change my service address despite telling them not to, so it's a quick fix to set it right. It doesn't happen often, but I always check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)