Hopper 3 behavior with no sat signal and failed switch check

JDMoran

Original poster
Jan 23, 2014
United States
Hi folks! I've had a hopper 3 for a few months now, and mostly really like it. I previously had two HWS, and have been a Dish customer since before there were DVRs (I had two DishPlayers once. Ugh!)

Anyway, my H3 is in the fritz. I am waiting for Dish tech to arrive any moment. The symptom began suddenly yesterday, when I powered up the TV and H3 and was greeted with the "total signal loss" pop up. I went to home/diagnostics/dish/test installation to see what's up, and it fails the switch test. It behaved this same way when the Dish was not pointed (back during installation).

My reason for posting is this - now that this H3 thinks there is no signal at all, it is totally useless! It is unable to watch any recordings. Attempting to do so dumps me back to the "total signal loss" screen.

Also, whenever the 833 "please wait while we check your switch configuration" screen is up, NONE of the remote buttons work. You have to press front panel info button to regain control.

This thing has bugs a-plenty it seems. At least these. It's only show up when it is broken.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

For what it's worth, this H3 updated to U322 back in August 16th. It had been working flawlessly up until yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)