Hopper 3 Caller ID

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pitbull2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 13, 2004
Are there any settings for the Caller ID feature on the Hopper 3? On my 722K, the caller ID popup would not only show the phone number but also the name of the caller (as provided by the phone company). I was hoping that there is a setting to enable displaying the name and number.

Are there any settings for the Caller ID feature on the Hopper 3? On my 722K, the caller ID popup would not only show the phone number but also the name of the caller (as provided by the phone company). I was hoping that there is a setting to enable displaying the name and number.
You should already be seeing both the name and number, but they are on the same line on the H3. When you have Caller ID enabled that is how it is placed on the screen. I just tested mine and I see it that way. Mine showed 'California Call 707-***-***.' It said California Call because I was used Google Voice to dial it. If my neighbor calls I see their and number on my screen.

There was a thread on this same topic back in February - the "new" caller ID is (unfortunately) VERY small and there are no "formatting" options - what we see is what we get!

You should already be seeing both the name and number, but they are on the same line on the H3. When you have Caller ID enabled that is how it is placed on the screen. I just tested mine and I see it that way. Mine showed 'California Call 707-***-***.' It said California Call because I was used Google Voice to dial it. If my neighbor calls I see their and number on my screen.

Ok, I paid close attention last night and I now see the caller name in front of the number. I was used to the old way where the name and number were on separate lines. I guess my eyes instinctively focused on the number and I missed the name part. Thanks!

Ok, I paid close attention last night and I now see the caller name in front of the number. I was used to the old way where the name and number were on separate lines. I guess my eyes instinctively focused on the number and I missed the name part. Thanks!
Cool, thanks for replying....

If only there was a way to get the CID off the screen when done reading it instead of having to wait for it to time out.

Sent from my iPhone using Chrome.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)