Hopper 3 channel guide showing wrong day

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Falcon195

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 23, 2018
Ohio
OK this is a issue I have noticed the last couple days on my H3.
I will do my best to describe what is happening as this issue is kind of complicated so please be patient.
When you bring up the channel guide along the top of the guide you see the day and the times across the top of the guide
What is happening is this. When I bring up the guide it reads TODAY along with the times, if I scroll the guide forward when I get to 8:30p the guide switches from saying TODAY to TOMORROW. The guide should switch to TOMORROW at 12:00a and not at 8:30p.

I have tried rebooting the H3 and it fixes the issue for a day but then the issue reappears. This wouldn't be a big deal except this issue adversely affects the DVR schedule page and proper recording of scheduled programs. Also this issue doesn't affect my TV's on my two Joey 3's. The Joey channel guides display properly when scrolling forward and switch to TOMORROW at 12:00a like they should . My H3 has software version U516 and transceiver firmware of 012. I am just wondering if this issue is a software bug or if it is a hardware issue.
What do you think?
Does anybody else notice this issue?

Last edited:
Weird! I just check mine, a 3-week install. It finally changed to TOMORROW at 1:30am tomorrow. There was a half-hour show at midnight and another half-hour show right afterwards so two opportunities to change before it actually did. Like I said....weird!

Followup: I was just showing my (non technical) wife this and she noticed and said. Look, it doesn’t change until the 12:00 gets to the left side of the screen, not where your selection is sitting. That seems to be true on the one we have. Now I’m getting ribbed with...”Just ask me first next time.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird! I just check mine, a 3-week install. It finally changed to TOMORROW at 1:30am tomorrow. There was a half-hour show at midnight and another half-hour show right afterwards so two opportunities to change before it actually did. Like I said....weird!

Followup: I was just showing my (non technical) wife this and she noticed and said. Look, it doesn’t change until the 12:00 gets to the left side of the screen, not where your selection is sitting. That seems to be true on the one we have. Now I’m getting ribbed with...”Just ask me first next time.”

That is the way it should work. Sounds like your H3 is working correctly.

Reactions: HipKat
OK this is a issue I have noticed the last couple days on my H3.
I will do my best to describe what is happening as this issue is kind of complicated so please be patient.
When you bring up the channel guide along the top of the guide you see the day and the times across the top of the guide
What is happening is this. When I bring up the guide it reads TODAY along with the times, if I scroll the guide forward when I get to 8:30p the guide switches from saying TODAY to TOMORROW. The guide should switch to TOMORROW at 12:00a and not at 8:30p.

I have tried rebooting the H3 and it fixes the issue for a day but then the issue reappears. This wouldn't be a big deal except this issue adversely affects the DVR schedule page and proper recording of scheduled programs. Also this issue doesn't affect my TV's on my two Joey 3's. The Joey channel guides display properly when scrolling forward and switch to TOMORROW at 12:00a like they should . My H3 has software version U516 and transceiver firmware of 012. I am just wondering if this issue is a software bug or if it is a hardware issue.
What do you think?
Does anybody else notice this issue?
This is not unique to the H3. I have noticed the same thing on Wally occasionally.

Mine changed from TODAY to TOMORROW when my page got to where 12AM was on the left, first entry. The previous page highlighting 12AM did not change the word to TOMORROW. I have a feeling I'll loose no sleep over this

Mine changed from TODAY to TOMORROW when my page got to where 12AM was on the left, first entry. The previous page highlighting 12AM did not change the word to TOMORROW. I have a feeling I'll loose no sleep over this

Wish I were you! Being technical at heart, this kinda stuff keeps me up at night!

Reactions: HipKat
Here is a follow up to my original question that started this thread.
I have had the opportunity to check out another Hopper 3 and I found that the same issue is happening with this second Hopper 3.
The issue happens intermittently but it does happen. So it seems this is a software issue with U516 as opposed to a hardware issue.

Here is a follow up to my original question that started this thread.
I have had the opportunity to check out another Hopper 3 and I found that the same issue is happening with this second Hopper 3.
The issue happens intermittently but it does happen. So it seems this is a software issue with U516 as opposed to a hardware issue.

I get the same thing yer describing???