Hopper 3 died

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rednert

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2007
Northern California
My Hopper 3 died Sunday night. It is stuck at the start up screen, dots in the N are not moving. Anyways dish is sending me a new one that will be here tomorrow. My question is do you think there is anyway i could transfer the recording off of the old one to the new one? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: EchostarFan
The only thing I can say is try setup your new hopper3 first connect a Ethernet cable to the old hopper3 in the new hopper3 go to [Diagnostics-tools-Restore recordings] and see what happens.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My Hopper 3 died Sunday night. It is stuck at the start up screen, dots in the N are not moving. Anyways dish is sending me a new one that will be here tomorrow. My question is do you think there is anyway i could transfer the recording off of the old one to the new one? Thanks in advance.
I presume you tried a power reboot? If you can't wake it up, your programs are gone,

The only thing I can say is try setup your new hopper3 first connect a Ethernet cable to the old hopper3 in the new hopper3 go to [Diagnostics-tools-Restore recordings] and see what happens.

Just wait a few days before you try it.

Reactions: Partysox
You might try (without physically removing the drives from their respective receivers) connecting the old hard drive internally to the new receiver (after activating the new and before deactivating the old reciever) and see if it will allow you to copy programs to an EHD.

If the problem is with the old receiver and not the old hard drive it should work.

There may be a tamper label on the hard drives so don't remove them just disconnect the new receiver's hard drive and connect the old receiver's hard drive in its place hopefully the cables will reach.

I've heard this work for other Dish VIP DVR receivers.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)