Hopper 3/DPH42 & Trav'ler Setup??

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas
I am working on setting this up for a single H3. Even though I am getting a strong signal on 129 it is not showing up in my details. I have done the test installation several times. The 110 and 119 sats are showing a check, but the conn is not. Some of my channels are not showing up in the guide and are in SD only which I guess the HD channel is on 129. I am not using the node being I will only have a single H3 in my system. I have checked my cables. Is there a particular order the cables need to be in from the dish to the DPH42?

You need three cables from the dish so the three LNB signals can be mixed for input to the Hopper 3.vOrder is not critical but keeping 1 to 1, 2 to 2, and 3 to 3 makes trouble shooting easier. At the base of the Travelers is marked A, B, C.

I had to move my rv and now I am not getting the 129 sat again. The Tra'vler is locked on, but the DPH42 is passing it to the receiver. I did the test installation several times again.

I am trying to delete any pieces that I don't need while troubleshooting this. I took the A/B switch out. Is the Hybrid Solo Hub necessary for only a single H3?

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I think I got it figured out. I knew I had to do a hard reboot of the receiver, but to get everything working I did a hard reboot for the DPH42 switch also. I have to unplug the receiver each time I move being it sits on my steering wheel. It is to big to fit in my entertainment center.

Reactions: pattykay
I had my Hopper behind the bedroom GV and it was about 1-1/2" too deep. I put blocks under the back of the Hopper and the tilt allowed the door to close. I also used 90 degree HDMI adapters to reduce cable clearance needs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)