Hopper 3 dropping set timers

ltownsend

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Coral Springs, FL
I have a great deal of weekly timers set with my new H3. Most of the time they work without problem. I have noticed that occasionally the timers go missing and when I check they do not appear on my timer list or in the guide with a red recording dot set.

Anyone else experience this?

I had a few that I had that stopped working the first week , that I transfered over from my hopper 2. I deleted them and recreated them on the hopper 3 and they fire now with no problems.

I had a few that I had that stopped working the first week , that I transfered over from my hopper 2. I deleted them and recreated them on the hopper 3 and they fire now with no problems.
It seems like i've heard of a number of recording problems with timers "imported" from a old Hopper to the H3.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
It seems like i've heard of a number of recording problems with timers "imported" from a old Hopper to the H3.
I have a lot of timers created for tv shows that will be copies of Primetime shows. This is so I can transfer them to my I pad and take them to work to watch, so I might just delete all of them and recreate them in the fall when the shows come back . Better safe than sorry.

When I first got my H3 it basically wouldn't record anything (new or imported timers) but once I deleted my two auto tune timers it hasn't missed a single recording.

Reactions: charlesrshell

These are new timers created on the H3 - none of my H2 recordings would transfer over so I had to create new ones.

Aren't the timers stored in the remote. I am pretty sure that is how we transferred them from H2 to H3. And they have been working with no problems since then.

Aren't the timers stored in the remote. I am pretty sure that is how we transferred them from H2 to H3. And they have been working with no problems since then.

The timers are stored in the receiver and backed up to the remotes.

The timers are actually in the receiver. They are backed up in the remote. If the timers were in the remote you couldn't access them in Dish Anywhere.

Reactions: xfoneguy
What I meant was when switching Hoppers (HWS-HWS or HWS-H3) you transfer the timers by using the remote that they are backed up on. I thought that what the OP was talking about.

What I meant was when switching Hoppers (HWS-HWS or HWS-H3) you transfer the timers by using the remote that they are backed up on. I thought that what the OP was talking about.

I could not get my timers transferred from the remote, I had to recreate them. Some I got for currently running shows and some I searched for and set to record only new. The timer showed up in the list and on the guide new = red dot / rerun a dot with an arrow going in reverse. In the timer list the show that I selected in advance showed as "seek" not DVR. Sometimes these record and sometimes not. When I delete the timer showing "seek" after it airs the guide shows "DVR" and it appears to stabilize the recording sequence.
At least it seems to work now. Still checking...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts