Hopper 3 - DVR Issue?

nicemann

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Phoenix
I've been with Dish for about 5 months now. For some reason it seems to have problems with recording new episodes Pawn Stars and Counting Cars on History Channel. For example on Pawn Stars last night it starts to record at 8:04 PM instead of 7:59 PM. So I missed the first 4 minutes of the show I have it setup for 1 min before and 2 minutes after schedule. Happens like this every week. Counting cars is just crazy, it will record for 3 hours on one episode. Is Dish Network just that messed up on the History Guide for everyone?

I've been with Dish for about 5 months now. For some reason it seems to have problems with recording new episodes Pawn Stars and Counting Cars on History Channel. For example on Pawn Stars last night it starts to record at 8:04 PM instead of 7:59 PM. So I missed the first 4 minutes of the show I have it setup for 1 min before and 2 minutes after schedule. Happens like this every week. Counting cars is just crazy, it will record for 3 hours on one episode. Is Dish Network just that messed up on the History Guide for everyone?
I would say there is blame on both sides. History schedules their shows to end slightly past the start of the hour, and Dish rounds their guide info to the nearest five minutes. In your example, the guide probably showed Pawn Stars starting at 8:05, even though the episode may have actually started around 8:02 or 8:03.

I would say there is blame on both sides. History schedules their shows to end slightly past the start of the hour, and Dish rounds their guide info to the nearest five minutes. In your example, the guide probably showed Pawn Stars starting at 8:05, even though the episode may have actually started around 8:02 or 8:03.

I appreciate the insight. Guess I will just set it to start recording 5 mins earlier.

And sometimes the 2md airing at only 3 hours later has it somewhat different (on the hour or really starting at :05) such that we can get the entire program. This happens on some shows I watch, but I can't comment on the OP's particular show, but on the ones I watch, but not often thankfully. If it messes up at some point, I've been able to VOD the same show and watch from the beginning, so far Dish has always had a VOD for that episode, but I know it may not always.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts